CH.68: February 8th, 851

FEBRUARY THE EIGHTH, 851. SIX MONTHS AFTER THE AWARD CEREMONY

My eyelids flutter open, a bright light greeting me as I wake. A soft breeze was brushing over my face, cool and refreshing.

I peel my bed covers off my body and sit up. I was in my bedroom, as I recognized my bookshelves next to my desk on the wall furthest from my bed. Also, the smell of pollen from the bunch of flowers on my bedside table informed me I was in my room.

I sigh and stand up. I walk over to my cupboard and open it, pulling the copper handle towards me. I flick through the items of clothing hanging on the wooden bar, looking for my training uniform.

No matter how hard I looked, I couldn't find it. Not even my ODM gear. There was a sudden noise in my room. The sound of my door clicking shut.

I jump around, ready to beat the living daylights out the person that could be in my room. But no one was there, apart from a dress hanging from the door handle.

I raise an eyebrow and walk over to it cautiously. I pick it up off the copper knob and inspect it. It was quite pretty. It was a mint green, off shoulder, front-shirred dress that would end in the middle of my shins.

 It was a mint green, off shoulder, front-shirred dress that would end in the middle of my shins

(Ignore the person in dis, pls)

There was a little note hanging to the top of it by some string. I lift it to read it. The note said, 'Put this on, and go to the flower field beside the Training Corps -??? (P.S: There's a surprise in the stables first.)'

I sigh and look back at the dress. It was a bit revealing as it would show my shoulders and my collarbone, making me a bit uncomfortable. But, I starting discarding my clothing anyways so I could put the dress on.

I step into the top of the dress and pull it up until it sat just above my breasts. It was a perfect fit. I walk over to my mirror and look myself up and down. It also suited me. I wonder who picked it for me...

I pick up my brush that sat on my desk and drag it through my tangled, auburn locks. Repeating this action until there was no such thing as knots in my hair's dictionary. I sat the brush back down and walked over to my wardrobe again.

I dug out a pair of flat shoes and slipped them on my feet, then headed out my room and out of my office. I trotted down the empty corridors of the Scouts HQ towards the stables, following the instructions of the note.

I run down the spiral steps that led into the stables and jump onto the brick ground. I scan the area for any surprises until my eyes land upon a stable with a single rose on the door. I walk up to it and pick up another note attached to it.

This one read, 'A present to help you get to the flower field. -??? (P.S: Its name is Gypsy)'

I gasp and look into the stable. And there it stood. A blue roan thoroughbred with a long, black mane and tail.