CH.11: The Forgotten

I closed my eyes and accepted my fate. The Titan chomped down on my leg and I screamed out in pain. It swallowed me and I began to feel nauseous and sleepy, yet I never wanted to sleep at all.

My eyes gave up and closed, leading me to a permanent sleep.

•*•
I wake up and I'm shaking. There's two hands wrapped around my shoulder shaking me awake. "Hey, Ezlyn." The voice says. "Hey! Wake up!" They yell again.

I open my eyes to see a familiar face. Calistro. "Calistro? Why did you wake me up?" I whine, rubbing my eyes.

"Because it's almost nightfall, and you gotta go home!" She responds, rocking me back and forth.

I realise I'm under a tree in the usual field we play in. She was correct, the sun was sitting on the horizon, slowly sinking into the ground. I sit up and let out a sigh. "Okay, okay." I sigh.

"I'm going to walk you home, okay?" She tilts her head and gives me a toothy grin.

I nod slightly and smile. "Okay." I get onto my feet and help Calistro up. She stands up next to me and wipes down her dress with her hand.
She stops and looks up at me. "Ezlyn, do you have any siblings?"

I shake my head. "No, I wish I did though." She gives me another smile and takes both my hands in hers.

"Then what about, I call you my sister and you call me you're sister!" She smiles. I hold a surprised expression on my face at her words. She opens her eyes and gives me a playful look. "Oh, come on, it'll be fun. I don't have any siblings either."

I finally accept it and nod my head. We both give each other a smile then start giggling. "Let's go now." Calistro emits, letting go of one of my hands and drags me through the flower field, towards the path I usually use to go home.

***
"Ezlyn! Dinner time!" Mamas voice shouts from downstairs. I jump up and run down the stairs full speed. I reached the landing and ran into the dining room, dodging papa on the way.

"Woah, watch it Ezlyn." Papa laughs at me as I scramble to my seat.

I sit down and wait for Mama to come through with dinner and Papa sat at the head of the table. I kicked my legs back and forth impatiently as today was Sunday, which meant it was a Sunday roast for dinner.

Mama walked in the room with a silver plate and she sat it down in the middle of the table. It had a roast chicken on it, piping hot from the fire. I let out a small giggle as my impatience grew bigger. Mama walked out back into the kitchen, the sound of her shoes echoing against the wooden floor.

"So, Ezlyn. What did you do today." Papa asks as he starts serving the chicken onto my plate.

"I went out to play with Calistro. And we talked about what we want to do when we're older!" I smile. Mama walks in with a pot of potatoes.

"Oh, really. What do you want to do when you're older?" Mama asks, quirking her eyebrow.

"I'm gonna join the mil-" I pause. My face contorts into a frown. A pit appeared in my stomach, telling me not to tell them.