CH.64: The Angel of Destruction

"No! Please let me go! I want to see my daughter for the last time! I beg of you!" I cry. Hot, fat tears streaking down my face.

"I'm afraid I can't let you go. You are a traitor and this is your penalty." The feminine voice speaks. My shoulders shudder violently and my bottom lip quivers.

She's right. I've done something terrible. I betrayed my family name and got my daughter wrapped up in something she shouldn't have.

I sigh and calm down a bit. I turn my head to see Grisha knelt down with an officer behind him. A familiar officer. The one from the day we went to see the airship and he beat up Grisha.

I turn round to face the officer that was behind me, and there she was. The black haired woman with blue eyes that had no emotion.

"I've met you before when I was younger." I utter. She scoffs.

"You remember that? I thought you would've forgotten."

I spit blood out my mouth and it hits the sand below. "How could I forget? It's the fucking day I took years to get over." She hits the back of my head hard.

"Watch the way you speak to me or I'll kick you down there without turning you into a Titan, so you could be the Titan bait."

I wince at the pain that seems to pulse on the back of my head.

"Please, just kill me..." A familiar voice cry's, their voice sounding fragile. I turn my hear to see Grice. "Please not a Titan..."

"Grice?" I mutter. He seems to hear me and his head turns to face me as the officer takes off his blindfold.

"Arielle?! What the hell?! Why in the world did Alice and Zeke betray us?! She's your daughter!"

"Grice!" Grisha shouts at him.

Grice scoffs. "What did you do to make a child snitch us in, huh? I was an idiot to entrust everything to you! The Restorationists! Dina, too!" He starts crying. "Why did we let... people like you...? Eldia is finished..."

"We've got a lively one here." A voice that sparks something in me. "You're free to go." Grice is suddenly kicked over the edge of the wall and lands on the sand below.

"Grice!" Grisha wails. Grice stands up and looks back up at us with a panicked look.

"Run straight north! If you're lucky, you might make it to the wall!" The man that kicked him down shouts. I glower at him. The fat, stumpy bastard that killed Faye was standing a few meters away from me.

"Sergeant Major Gross?" A officer behind him utters.

"Hm? This your first time here? If we let him run off, the Titans we're about to make will chase him down and leave the area. It won't be long till he's eaten. Isn't that right, Kruger?" He turns to face the officer that was guarding Grisha.

"Yeah." He reply's expressionlessly, as if he didn't want to speak. I looked into the mans eyes from the side. There was something in them that was off. Hatred?

The Sergeant Major claps his hands, snapping me out of my thoughts. "All right, we've got a bunch to do this time! Let's get a move on!"

My eyes widen and I watch as my comrades get injected with the spinal fluid and get kicked off the wall like Grice did.

My vision fogs up again and I taste a salty substance. Tears wouldn't stop falling from my eyes. Everything glows yellow and Titans emerge from the steam. My gaze falls upon Grice who was running for the hills. Shit, he's gonna get fucking eaten right in front of me!