Chapter 76: Effie, Of Course (Short Chapter & Announcement At The End)

Epona's POV:

I ran through the hallways, slipping past the groups of kids. Though, I wasn't alone. I felt a group of people behind me, directly on my tail. I might be crazy, but I'm not stupid enough to lead them to Harry and the DA. My eyes darted across the sea of kids, looking for anyone who might be able to make a distraction. That's when her eyes landed on three seventeen year old boys. 

Fred, George and Lee met my eyes. I gave them a worried look, nodding my head to behind me. They got the signal. I needed to lose people, and I figured these pranksters were my best shot.  The boys smirked, and made their way to behind me. I smiled to myself.

Then, there were loud, annoyed shouts from behind me, and I felt pleased. I was lucky those pranksters were there. Now, I may be stupid when it comes to Potions, but Draco should've known better than to try and get me to give up dirt on my brother.

No matter who he is to me, or the people, he's forgotten one thing. I, Epona Potter, do whatever the fuck I want, even if it means I hurt a few people along the way. Though, I haven't forgotten what's on his goons minds. Slytherins respect their King, or Queen, and follow their decisions. If there is both a King and Queen, and what they want aligns, everything is perfect. But if the two royals decisions don't align, well, Slytherins are assholes and are going to follow who they can profit from more. Hence, they'll side with Draco.

Now, in normal situations, I'd side with Draco. Because I love him and most of the time I don't care. Even if I do, Draco and I see eye to eye on a lot. But since Umbitch came along, we've drifted a bit. He's willing to do whatever it takes to stay on top and impress his Dad, even if it doesn't fit his exact views, and I, well I don't have to impress anyone. 

My parents are dead, I know that Harry has my back, and so do my friends. And I have theirs. But if Draco expects me to listen to the woman who took away my ability to sew, he has another thing coming.

Quickly I slipped into the room of requirement, and my eyes landed on Harry.

"Harry Potter I wish to speak to you!" I said, walking up to him, and everyone in the room froze. It went dead silent, and Harry gulped.

"Yeah, Effie?" He asked, feeling the nervous eyes on us all.

I smiled a bit, "Can we speak in private?" 

He nodded, "Everyone, continue working. I'll be right back; Ron, Hermione, watch them please." He ordered, and the students listened.

We walked over to a corner, and he raised an eyebrow, "What was with that entrance?"

I laughed nervously, "It got your attention, didn't it?"

Harry laughed as well, "True."

I sighed, "I'll get straight to the point. I'm sorry I yelled at you last week. I-I wanna help out with the DA again." My eyes met his, awaiting his rejecting.

Instead, he grinned, "Oh thank goodness. For a minute I was worried. Time to have the bad cop, right?"

I smiled and nodded. Huh. I wasn't expecting that reaction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi, everyone. Sorry I haven't updated recently, I was a dumbass and broke my wrist. It's probably going to be a while until my next update, but I'll try.

Have a good day/night! 

Until Next Time, Byeeee!