CHAPTER 1

Chapter 1

Hinata Hyuga had always considered herself to have rather simple hopes and dreams. She wanted to be strong like her father, kind like her mother, and to marry the man that she loved. The Hyuga Heiress was certain that no one would have been scandalized by her wishes for her future.

After the war, the young woman had thought she was well on her way to achieving her dreams. She'd gotten a lot stronger and everyone said that she was kind. Unfortunately, it was the third goal that was proving to be particularly problematic. Naruto was obviously in love with Sakura and Hinata wasn't going to stand in the way of his happiness.

"Hinata, the Hokage wants to see you." Her Sensei approaches her. She must have realized Hinata was daydreaming because her voice was soft and gentle, even by Kurenai Standards.

It was a painful realization, but the Hyuga woman wasn't going to stand in the way of her first love's happiness. Besides, two out of three wasn't that bad. That and she had lots of friends and one day she would lead her Clan. Hinata had people who were counting on her and she wasn't going to let them down just because she didn't get the fairytale romance that she had been hoping for.

"Oh. Alright." Thankfully, it was enough to snap Hinata out of her melancholy. After all, it wasn't everyday that the Sixth Hokage would summon her specifically. "I'm coming!" And with that, the bluenette followed the beautiful Genjutsu Mistress.

That was strange. Why would Kakashi want to see her? She hadn't had any missions assigned to her for awhile. She was too needed at the hospital.

The war may have ended a few months ago, but the impact of it would likely be felt for years to come. Many people had died and even more had been severely injured. Unfortunately, there simply weren't enough medics to go around in most cases.

"There you are, Hinata." Kakashi smiles at her. Everyone was still getting used to the fact that the silver haired man was now Hokage, but the Hyuga Heiress knew that he would do a good job. "Oh you may go now, Kurenai. Thank you, for bringing her here." He was kind, experienced, and strong. He would make an excellent Hokage, despite his eccentricities. (Such as reading erotic novels in front of Genin and always being late to well…everything).

"Of course, Lord Hokage." Kurenai bows in response and leaves.

Her Sensei's exit redirected Hinata's thoughts. Probably because Kurenai had been the first one to notice her excellent chakra control and it was because of that, that Hinata had been able to master the Mystical Palm Technique and serve as an informal medic during the war.

After it was over, Hinata had decided to change her specialization from that of a Combat Ninja to a Medical Ninja. She still wasn't a fully trained medic, but she knew the basics of providing medical care and the Mystical Palm Technique.

That was a start and she was learning more about Medical Jutsus, every day. Unfortunately, she knew more about the theory than the application of them for the most. Despite that, the young woman felt that she was making significant progress towards becoming a real Medic!

"Lord Kakashi." Hinata bows to her Hokage.

"Oh you can just call me Kakashi. Lord makes me feel old." And Kakashi was far from anything, but old. He wasn't even middle aged yet. "I know that my hair might make me look like an old man, but I'm not even forty. So just Kakashi will just fine. Well at least in private." Hinata nods in agreement.

It was a friendly smile. One that was designed to make people feel at ease. Though something about it felt off. It was sincere, but he was also trying to hard to make her feel comfortable.