CHAPTER 17

Chapter 17

A few weeks later and Hinata was three months pregnant. Twelve weeks. Apparently, that was enough along to start showing.

"Are they even going to want me?" Hinata feels her lip quiver at the thought.

She knew that it was only natural. The Hyuga, well Uchiha, woman was pregnant. It was only natural that her stomach was going to get bigger. Still, she couldn't help it.

Hinata just felt fat and she didn't like it. Her rational mind, knew that she was being ridiculous. Her normally toned stomach was just a little softer. It was only the barest beginning of a baby bump. If she wasn't a ninja and used to being in peak physical condition, she probably wouldn't have even noticed it.

She sighs as she adjusts her pregnancy kimono. "But I'm definitely noticing it." The expectant mother sniffles.

The ninja woman knew that she had to do something to feel attractive again. That was when she decides to come up with a plan! And in her mind, it was a brilliant plan!

She brushes away her tears and goes looking around for their home for an apron! Surely, there had to be one around here somewhere. There was only one way to tell, if Sasuke and Itachi still wanted her! She was going to try to seduce them for a change!

Don't do it, Sasuke." Itachi glances at his brother in concern.

He had seen the other Uchiha watching their wife. Their wife who had been staring at her reflection in the mirror for the better part of an hour. Quietly crying.

Luckily for them, there were two doors out of that room. Hinata had taken the other door. So she hadn't noticed that they were watching her.

The younger Uchiha whirls around and looks at him incredulously. "She's crying about something though!"

Oh his foolish little brother could be adorably naïve. He really didn't know why their wife was upset? Oh well. Itachi supposed that it was up to him to educate him in these matters.

"She feels fat because she's pregnant." He might as well be honest with him.

Sasuke just gapes at him. "You're kidding, right? She's barley showing and it's normal for women to get bigger!"

Itachi chuckles. Yes, it was normal for women to get bigger during their pregnancies. He'd be more concerned, if she didn't get bigger! Still, that didn't change the fact that Hinata likely already felt fat.

Women were just not logical creatures during their pregnancies. Itachi might not be an expert on the matter, but he knew that much for certain. He couldn't help, but shiver he remembered their Queen's Ice Cream Tantrum.

"I'm not kidding." He sighs and pat pats Sasuke on the back. "It's a woman thing. There are certain things about women that we are just never going to understand as men."

That was the truth. Itachi was sure that he could live to be a thousand and he'd still never completely understand women. That was alright though. It was just the natural order of things. Women were going to confuse men and the reverse was likely just as true…as nature intended.

Sasuke raises an eyebrow at the pat pats. "Right. Well how do we help her feel better?"

"Sasuke, the first rule of dealing with a pregnant woman is don't go near her when she's crying about how "fat" she feels." Itachi nods sagely.

One would live a lot longer, if they followed that rule. That and Itachi honestly didn't have any idea how to handle a crying woman. That meant that Sasuke definitely didn't either.

His brother sighs. "Alright. So we'll let her calm down naturally then." Good. He was beginning to understand how things worked now.

"Well…I suppose that we could always go and get her flowers or something." He shrugs.

The raven haired ninja raises another eyebrow at Itachi. "That's your brilliant plan? Flowers?"

Itachi nods. He didn't see what was wrong with his plan. It had worked before and it had worked very well!

"Yes, that's my brilliant plan. Flowers." He pokes Sasuke's forehead. "Now, let's go get them." And with that, Itachi Flickers off.

He knew that Sasuke would follow him. His brother always did in the end. There were certain things that were just a fact of life and that was one of them.

A short while later, the Uchiha Brothers return to the District with the flowers in tow. This time, red roses. Sasuke didn't know much about flowers, but he knew that red roses were supposed to be romantic. So he went with that.

"Well that's certainly a lovely sight." Itachi chuckles.

The younger Uchiha tilts his head in confusion. At first, he wasn't sure what his brother was talking about. That's when he saw Hinata in the kitchen.