CHAPTER 23

Chapter 23

Sasuke shakes his head in amusement as he watches Hinata speak with Sakura. It was her final day of work before going on Maternity Leave. His stubborn Queen probably would have worked longer, if she wasn't carrying twins. Fortunately, logic had won out over her stubbornness. Twin pregnancies were somewhat more likely to result in earlier births. "Sorry, Sakura. Sasuke is waiting for me." And while being at a hospital when you were going into labor would have been convenient, Hinata didn't want to terrify her patients that much.

Sakura smiles as she places her hand on Hinata's stomach again. "It's alright. I understand." She giggles. " So Sasuke and Itachi are being really overprotective, huh?"

After all, if she went into labor Daddy Uchihas would come roaring in like lions and her poor patient(s) would get bowled over. So she had finally relented and decided to go on Maternity Leave. His wife was a smart woman. She knew better than to tempt fate like that.

He didn't consider it being overprotective. Sasuke considered it just the right amount of protective! Whatever. He knew what Sakura meant though.

"You have no idea." Hinata smiles as she waddles over to Sasuke. "Sorry, for making you wait." She snuggles against him a bit. "Everyone wants to touch my belly now."

Sasuke smirks and nods as he subtly snuggles back. He gives Sakura a rather pointed look as he does so. Almost daring the other woman to comment on it.

It didn't really matter though. "You ready? I put up the last building today." It had taken months of work, even with Naruto's help. "It's been fully restored." Well other than the fact that most of the buildings were empty, but still.

Towards the end, Itachi had even chipped in with the rebuilding. His brother was finally back to if not full strength, at least half strength. Sasuke figured three quarters was the most realistic assessment though.

"I'm ready and that's wonderful news!" Hinata beams at him.

His brother had been at death's door and managed to slowly pull himself away from it. Personally, Sasuke thought that was mostly because he actually had something to live for now instead of someone to die for!

Sasuke nods in agreement. "Yes, it is. See you later, Sakura." Well more specifically, he had several someone's. The younger Uchiha Brother digressed though. It was the principle of the thing.

Sakura nods and with that, Sasuke takes Hinata back to the District. "Itachi is at the Academy." He glances at his wife as places his hand on the small of her back.

Hinata looks at him in confusion. "Isn't it a little early for that?" She laughs. "The twins haven't even been born yet."

That wasn't why Itachi was there. He was just exploring the possibility. So there really hadn't been a reason in raising the issue yet. Though Sasuke figured he might as well tell her. Itachi had given him permission.

Earlier that morning, Sasuke had been working on the District repairs. Once this final house was up, the Uchiha District would be completely restore. So he was in a good mood when his brother wandered over to him.

"Sasuke, I'm heading to the Academy." Though Itachi's words had confused the Hell out of him.

He tilted his head to the side in bewilderment. "Alright. Why though?" It didn't make any sense for Itachi to dash off to the Academy for no reason.

Itachi sighed and looked at the younger Uchiha. It was at that moment that Sasuke knew something bigger was going on. Whatever was compelling Itachi to go to the Academy was important to him. Very important.