CHAPTER 2.2

A few hours later, Itachi was back in the Uchiha District and he was alone with Hinata. Sasuke had volunteered to go and buy some food. Hinata knew the real reason though.

"My foolish little brother actually believes he's being subtle." The fact that Sasuke thought he was being sneaky was rather amusing to say the least.

"Well he's right. We should t-try to get to know each other better." Though he did have a point and Hinata was acknowledging as much verbally.

Sasuke obviously felt a bit guilty about getting alone time with her. Alone time that Itachi hadn't gotten. This was his not so subtle way of balancing that out. It was sweet in a strange way.

"You're right and he's right, of course. I would like to put your mind at ease. Your father isn't happy about the situation, but he isn't going to stand in the way of our marriage." The poor girl had probably been worried sick about everything. It was best to comfort her.

Itachi wasn't completely heartless. He knew when to take into account another person's feelings. And right now, was one of those situations.

"Hiashi is still looking for ways out of the contract, but I have no wish to get your hopes up. I don't want you going into this under any illusions. My brother is very foolish and I'm quite simply not worthy to be called your husband." Honesty was the best policy in bizarre situations like this, after all.

Hinata had been afraid of this. Itachi didn't view himself as worthy of love. He had killed his family. He probably didn't think he deserved a second one. Well besides, Sasuke. Sasuke was already here though. Children were different.

"I wouldn't call him foolish and you're more than worthy. I'm not…I understand what this is." Hinata wasn't completely naïve. She knew that this wasn't starting off as a love match

"None of us love each other. We barely know each other. We're practically strangers, but that doesn't mean that you have to resign yourself to misery." In the end, she did want her husbands to be happy and for that to be possible, Itachi was going to have to learn to forgive himself for what he had done in the past.

That was of course, easier said than done. Still she was going to do her best to help him. Her future husbands deserved no less.

"I really don't deserve you. You're unfailingly kind, but I think that we both know that. It might be better if I was your husband in name only." Wait. What?!

Itachi didn't want a real marriage. He just wanted a union in name only. That stung, but it soon became clear why.

"You'll have to forgive my brother. I doubt that he has any idea how to forge bonds anymore. Let alone romantic ones." He didn't want to stand in the way of Sasuke's happiness. "That's more my fault than anything. I know that he'll at least try to have a real marriage with you at some point."

Oh boy. Hinata could see where this was going and it wasn't anywhere good. She sighs in sits in his lap.

Normally, she never would have dreamed of being so bold. This was different though. Hinata was going to marry these two men and they needed to both know that she was going to treat them as equally as possible.

"Hinata?" Itachi was obviously just as shocked by her boldness as she was.

Though that wasn't going to stop her. This needed to be said. "You ARE worthy of marrying me. I don't think that I'll ever understand what happened to you two, but you are worthy of love. Everyone is."

Hinata pauses for a moment. She knew that finding the right words was vital in this situation. One wrong move and she could ruin everything.

"Sasuke opened up to me while you were gone. A little. He tried. For him, that's a big deal and I know that this is your way of showing that you care." Itachi really was such a martyr. He was always sacrificing his happiness for the sake of others. "That's enough for now." Maybe, it was time for someone to take care of him for a change.