CHAPTER 26

Chapter 26

Hinata smiles the next day as she nurses the twins and her husbands watch them all like hawks. The Uchiha woman wasn't really sure how the proud papas were ever going to handle it when their children inevitable got the sniffles or something like that. Two pairs of intense dark eyes were watching the newborns with fatherly pride and wariness.

"What are we going to call them?" The young mother looks at her husbands as she rocks her newborn son and daughter in her arms gently.

Sasuke smirks. "That is a good question." He glances at Itachi slyly. "Because someone ended up adding to the list of Baby Names way too much." He laughs. "There are over fifty to choose from."

Hinata rubs the back of her head sheepishly. She knew that names were important, but she had been hoping that they would narrow it down slightly. Though in all honesty, the lavender eyed woman supposed that she should have foreseen this.

Itachi pokes Sasuke's forehead. "Foolish little brother." He snorts. "Don't act as if I was the only one adding to the list. As for their names, I think the girl should be Aiya."

Hinata looks down at her daughter and nods. Aiya Uchiha. She could see that.

"It's a beautiful name, but why Aiya?" She adjusts them slightly in her arms as she continues nursing them.

Sasuke looks down at the newborns and sighs. "Aiya was the name of our paternal grandmother." He kisses the twins foreheads. "She looks a great deal like her and it means beautiful silk. Her hair is already silky, so it fits."

The young mother blinks. Oh. She didn't know how to respond to that really, but it was a beautiful name.

She smiles at the baby girl. "What do you think?" Hinata tickles her tummy. "Do you like the name Aiya Uchiha?" Aiya giggles in response.

"I think she likes it." Itachi nods sagely.

Sasuke gives their son the same treatment that Hinata was giving his elder sister. The Uchiha Matriarch was fairly certain that tickling their bellies was going to become something of a favorite past time for all of them. They were just so cute!

He smiles at the giggling that resulted. "Arashi for the boy. I should think it suits him well." Sasuke smiles. "It means storm and he certainly can make a storm of smoke and some fire."

Hinata couldn't really disagree with that reasoning. She nods her head in agreement. "Arashi and Aiya Uchiha." She smiles at the decision.

That's when the doors of the hospital flew open. Naruto, Sakura, Kakashi, Hanabi, and Hiashi all stormed inside. Well Naruto stormed in, everyone else followed either somewhat sheepishly or at a dignified pace. (Well the latter was more in Hiashi's case, but Hinata digressed)!

"Hey, Hinata!" Naruto grins at her as he bounds over. "How are you feeling?"

Hinata blinks. She still admired Naruto greatly, but there were times when her former love could be rather dense to put it charitably.

Sasuke rolls his eyes. "You're such an idiot. She just gave birth to twins." Her youngest husband was definitely not feeling charitable though! "How do you think that she's feeling?!"

"Oi! Don't be such a bastard." Naruto glares at Sasuke as he looks down at the newborns. "Awe. They're really cute Hinata. I guess your genes must have won out over Sasuke's bastardly ones and Itachi's scary ones!"

Itachi twitches at that. "And what precisely do you mean by that last part?" He obviously wasn't too happy about that assessment.

Kakashi sighs and walks over. He quickly gets between Naruto and the irritated Uchihas. The last thing he wanted was for blood to be spilt this early in the morning.