Chapter 20.1

Meanwhile Itachi was speaking with Raiden. He was getting more and more agitated by the minute though. It was a damn good thing that he had volunteered for this task. Sasuke or even Hinata, would have lost their tempers by now.

"So as you can see there could be many benefits to such an arrangement." Raiden smiles.

He had volunteered to secure them a graceful exit while Sasuke comforted Hinata. At first, Itachi though that he was actually doing himself a favor because he had no idea how to comfort a crying woman. He did know how to handle spoiled Nobles though.

Well at least he thought he did. Now, the eldest Uchiha was beginning to question that assumption. Of course, the Daimyo hadn't noticed his annoyance yet. If Itachi was going to keep it that way though, he'd need to wrap this up quickly.

"Well I'm flattered that you think so highly of our family, but that wouldn't be for quite sometime. Children do take time to grow up." The idiot wanted a Betrothal Contract between one of their children and a Noble Child.

While their own contract had worked out beautifully, Itachi sincerely doubted that lightning was going to strike twice in a similar matter. Hinata would likely perform her own Massacre, if she heard about this. Sasuke would be even worse.

Raiden nods. "Of course. I do understand that. They aren't just born and ready to walk down the aisle. It will take time." How reasonable.

Itachi nods as well. "That and I would need to discuss it with my wife and brother." He may have been the "Patriarch," but this was a marriage of equals. "I do hope that you understand why." Not that the Daimyo cared about such things, he was sure.

Naturally, he was pretending to be sympathetic. Itachi didn't buy it for a minute. The man was a viper. He had seen his kind before.

"Of course. Take all the time you need." The Fire Daimyo smiles at him. "As you said, it takes awhile for children to grow up, anyway." He pauses for a moment. "Truly, it has been a joy to have your family here. I do wish to create strongest ties between the Leaf and the Capital."

Itachi nods and bows respectfully. It was a good thing that he had long ago learned to control his impulses. He was rather tempted just to end the man, right then and there.

It would have been too suspicious though. Everyone knew that the Uchiha Family was staying with him. If the Daimyo ended dead while they were still inside his palace walls, it wouldn't end well.

"Thank you." Itachi smiles. "I shall be taking my family back to the Leaf now. My wife's Birth Clan is likely anxiously awaiting her return."

That was true, but he was mostly using it as an excuse. He doubted that Raiden really wanted to deal with an anxious Hyuga Clan. No one did.

The Hyugas were a large and powerful Clan. Not only that, they were also wealthy. They were a force to be contended with, both in the Ninja World and the Civilian one.

Raiden sighs. "Of course, I understand. Give my best wishes to your wife and brother. Oh and to her family as well. I do feel that this has been a productive visit." He smiles.

Well Itachi wasn't sure if productive was the right term for it or not, but he nods his head in feigned agreement anyway. After all, there was very little that he could do to rectify this situation at the moment. For now, discretion was the better part of valor.

"I will be sure to do so." And with that, Itachi heads off.