Chapter 18.1

Meanwhile Raiden was back in his throne room and speaking with Tamika again. The Uchihas had arrived only hours ago and he couldn't help, but feel giddy at the possible implications.

Normally, he wouldn't have cared what ninjas did amongst themselves. They were just tools. Tools that any smart Daimyo would utilize. This was different though.

"What are your first impressions?" Tamika was smart. Raiden had to give him that much. "Do you think that she's already expecting?"

Tamika blinks. Hmm. Perhaps he'd gone a little too far with his excitement. "It's a bit early to tell." Oh. Fair point.

Hmm. Yes, women didn't show immediately. It took a few months. Pity. A test would likely be the only way that they could know for sure at this poitn.

"I suppose you're right." He sighs.

His advisor nods in agreement. One of the things that he liked about Tamika was that the other man was quiet. He only spoke when it was important. An important quality in any subject, especially an advisor!

Tamika frowns and Raiden raises an eyebrow. "What's wrong?" He didn't particularly care for that frown. That meant that something was amiss.

"Well I'm not entirely certain what you wish to do with them, but if the Uchiha Brothers suspect that you have less than honorable intentions…they're very dangerous." Oh. So what was his issue.

He was worried about Raiden's safety. That was unexpected sweet in a way. Still, he needn't be so concerned. The Fire Daimyo was smarter than any ninja. That much he knew for certain!

Raiden chuckles. "Don't worry. Sasuke has a temper and Itachi may be a ruthless killer, but neither of them are stupid." He'd seen their files and knew that much.

Their files had clearly indicated that he was dealing with two exceptionally intelligent men. Of course, Raiden could only assume that their intellectual prowess had been greatly exaggerated, but still. If the files were only half accurate, he was dealing with geniuses.

"True enough, but it wouldn't due to underestimate them." Tamika pauses. "And don't forget, their wife has the Byakugan. She can see through walls." That was a good point.

A wife who could see through walls, now that was a troubling situation. Privately, Raiden was suddenly glad that he wasn't married to the Hyuga woman. As beautiful as she was, a wife that could see through walls…now that was a terrifying thought!

He nods in understanding. "I won't. Right now, I simply wish to get a feel for their personalities and perhaps, another contract could be drawn up." That would be ideal.

Odds were that Hinata was going to have more than one child. Assuming that Itachi was capable of fathering any, it was likely she'd at least have one of each. One fathered by each brother. Which worked out perfectly in his mind.

They could spare one. One could marry a marry of the royal family when they came of age. A permanent foothold in the Leaf Village and in the new Uchiha Clan. A Clan that presumably would have at least one or perhaps even two powerful bloodlines. Hell, there was even a chance that it could result in the formation of a new bloodline.

"Another contract?" Tamika blinks. "Are you sure that's wise?"

He could certainly understand his advisor's hesitation. Ninjas were such barbarians, but Raiden wasn't too concerned. They would be monitoring this child from early on. He or she could be groomed to become a suitable husband or wife for nobility in time.

He shrugs. "I do have concerns, of course. Though I don't believe they're insurmountable." That was the truth.

Hinata seemed a kind and gentle woman. Perhaps, that would balance out the fire that was apparently in the Uchiha Gene Pool. Hyugas were like ice and water. Uchihas were like Fire and Lightning. The combination of all those elements was bound to be an intriguing one.

That and as much as he might not trust the Uchiha Brothers or even Hinata to an extent, they were all rather fortunate looking individuals. If nothing else, it was fairly safe to assume their children would be equally fortunate in that respect. It likely wouldn't be a hardship to marry at least on of them off.

"Very well. I suppose that only time will tell." Tamika bows respectfully.

Yes, only time would tell. In the end though, Raiden was certain his plan would work and it would be glorious. He just had to bid his time and approach this situation very, very carefully.