CHAPTER 25

Chapter 25

Two weeks later and Sasuke raises an eyebrow. Itachi was acting very strangely. Hinata was currently resting because well she was eight and a half months pregnant with twins, she needed the rest. And apparently, Itachi needed him.

"Sasuke, this should only take a few moments." Itachi pokes his forehead. "I'm sure our beautiful wife will be fine for five minutes."

He was poking his forehead. Itachi was about to try or suggest something stupid. The younger Uchiha just knew this. "Shadow Clone Jutsu." He sighs and looks at the still sleeping Hinata. "Alright, but I'm not taking any chances."

Itachi shakes his head and chuckles as he leads Sasuke off. Where he led Sasuke puzzled him. The basement.

Sasuke cocks his head to the side in confusion. "Itachi, what did you want to show me in the basement?"

"Appearances can be deceiving." Itachi smiles as presses on portrait of flowers and a hidden door is revealed. "Remember, that Sasuke. Come on." The elder Uchiha smiles at him as he walks inside.

Sasuke blinks. He had thought he knew every nook and cranny in this house, but apparently he was wrong. So very wrong. With that in mind, Sasuke cautiously follows Itachi.

What he found on the other side of the door completely amazed him. "A library?" There had to be hundreds, if not thousands of scrolls and books. "We hid a library in the basement?" Most of them looked positively ancient. Somehow he doubted that you could find most of these in Konoha's Public Library.

Itachi nods and seems to find great pleasure in his shocked response. Though that didn't really surprise Sasuke. Itachi did love throwing curveballs at him. He was slightly sadistic that way.

"Yes, it's a library." Itachi smirks. "Not just any library, but our family one. Here you'll find almost anything that you could ever want to know about the Sharingan, our family's history, and to a certain degree…the history of the Leaf Village." His smirk turns into an apologetic smile. "It's both a late wedding gift and well my way of apologizing."

Right. Itachi still felt guilty about the Massacre. It hadn't been his fault, but Sasuke doubted that the other man would ever truly forgive himself for what happened on that day and the years immediately following it.

"Itachi, that wasn't your fault." Sasuke places his hand on the other ninja's shoulder. "I've already forgiven you for all that, but this is amazing." He smiles.

The other Uchiha sighs. "No. That's not what I'm apologizing for. Do you remember when you went to the second Kage Summit?"

The raven haired ninja nods. Yes, he remembered that. Though what he didn't understand is why Itachi suddenly looked so guilty.

"Yes, I remember. Why?" Sasuke narrows his eyes suspiciously at his brother.

Itachi sighs again. "Well, do keep in mind the scrolls and books in this library are priceless and many of them have no second copy before I…conclude my apology."

That really wasn't a good sign. This was starting to look less like a gift and more like a shield. Whatever Itachi had done, he obviously thought that Sasuke was going to be furious about it.

"I'll keep that in mind." Sasuke grits his teeth. "What happened?!"

Warning Family Squabble Scene

"Nothing bad." Itachi backs up a couple steps, just to be on the safe side. "It's just while you were away, I showed Hinata the library and one thing lead to another." He pauses. "I didn't intentionally set out to seduce her while you were away, it was just one of those things…the moment just felt right."