Chapter 8.3

Hinata gulps. She was alone with Sasuke. A Sasuke who had recently just discovered his more sensual side. It was all that she could do not to squeak.

"I won't tease you, if you're that uncomfortable with it." He caresses her cheek and Hinata smiles, kissing his hand slightly. Maybe, Sasuke wasn't as good as reading between the lines as his brother, but he was still able to get the gist of the story.

"It's okay. I mean, I have to get u-used to it eventually." That was the truth. The Hyuga Heiress still couldn't believe that she was actually going to marry two of them. "Right?" And after last night, she had a very good idea of what being their wife meant.

Sasuke nods approvingly and kisses her. Hinata feels his hand cup the back of her head as he deepens it. She never would have guessed that he'd be this affectionate. Though maybe, she shouldn't be surprised.

He had cut himself off from most of his bonds for years. While the younger Uchiha might not admit it, he was probably starved for real connections. Preferably ones that didn't involve fists flying.

The raven haired man nods in agreement, after ending the kiss. "Right. We didn't plan this, but we want to do this right. Well as much as there is a right in a situation as unique as ours." He wraps his arms around her waist and pulls her against his chest.

"There isn't really a rule book for a marriage like this." That much was obvious, but she liked it when he held her. Well that and other things. "How are you two…taking all this? It can't be easy." To share a wife.

Sasuke pauses and Hinata bites her lower lip in response. She had probably touched a sore spot. Still she had to know.

The other ninja smiles and places a few soft kisses to the back of her neck. "About as well as can be expected." Between every word, he added a new kiss. "It's going to be an adjustment, but we don't want you to worry about choosing a favorite." Which was so distracting! She almost didn't hear that last part.

"I'm not choosing a f-favorite." Damn it. She really didn't want them to feel that way. "I c-care about you both equally. Just in different ways." There. Surely, he could understand that.

"We know, Hinata. It's alright. We're just trying to say that you don't have to be worried. And you really shouldn't worry yourself like that." Sasuke nuzzles her affectionately and rests his head on top of hers.

She shouldn't worry herself like that? Sasuke did know that she was a ninja, right? Hinata was not fragile. Worrying about something wasn't going to send her into a fainting spell. Well at least, not anymore.

"That's good to know, but you don't have to worry about me worrying." That was kinda counterproductive. "I don't faint as much anymore." She wasn't sure how convincing that sounded, but she had to try. Hinata had to try to prove that she wasn't some beloved China Doll that they were sharing.

Hinata was a ninja. A ninja of the Hidden Leaf Village and damn it, she was a Jonin. She should be taken seriously!

"I know that." He embraces her more, kissing her ear. "I mean it's still early and the odds are extremely low, but it's still possible."

The young woman could only tilt her head and look upon her lover with confusion at that declaration. What was still possible? What was he so concerned about.

"Sasuke, what are you talking about?" She couldn't for the life of her understand what he was so concerned about her health for. Hinata had always been a healthy person. A little stress wasn't going to kill her.

The fact that her lover paused, upon hearing her question was troubling. Sasuke wasn't the sort of person who hesitated. He'd come up with a plan and then charge in. Fear of failure didn't seem to paralyze him in the way it often did others or at least not as much.

"You shared our bed last night." Yes, she remembered that. God, how could Hinata forget that?!

"Yes, I remember." She giggles and tries not to blush at the memories. "But what does that have to do with you treating me like a China Doll? I'm not made out of glass, Sasuke." She really wasn't.

More pausing and more kissing followed suit. His hands gliding along the skin of her arms tenderly. Almost reverently. It felt good, but it only made her worry more.

She sighs in pleasure and leans back against him. The sensation of his touch too powerful to resist, completely. "Well you didn't use the Jutsu and we didn't use anything either." He nips her ear affectionately. "Like I said, the odds are low. It's possible that you could be pregnant though."

Hinata blinks. P-Pregnant?! He was right. She might be. It was far too early to tell, but the Hyuga woman hadn't used the Jutsu.

"I d-didn't think of that." How could she think of anything, but the way they made her feel the night before? "Do you t-think that I am?" Hinata didn't know why she was asking that question. Despite all the useful abilities that Sharingans blessed a person with, she doubted early pregnancy detection was one of them.

"It's probably selfish of me to say this, but I never claimed not to be selfish." He caresses her cheek. "I don't think that you are, but I hope that you are. I want to start a family with you and Itachi." Another kiss to her temple. "And I think that he wants that as well, even if he's understandably skittish about the concept."

That was a good point. How would Itachi feel about it, if she was pregnant? "H-Have you spoken to him about this yet?" She had no idea what to say.

Sasuke shakes his head. Maybe, Sasuke was scared that Itachi would be terrified of his potential fatherhood or the thought of becoming an uncle. Maybe, he didn't want to get Itachi's hopes up. It was hard to say.

"No. Not yet." Sasuke holds her close to him. "But he knows that it's something that I want. Do you though? We can be more careful from now on, if you'd prefer to wait." That was possibly the sweetest thing that Sasuke had ever said to her.

She knew how badly he wanted to restore his Clan. "I'll have to think about it." The fact that he was willing to wait was beyond touching. "I d-do like children and I eventually want them. I j-just don't know. It's all so sudden and then there's Itachi to consider." He was being so sweet and she had no idea how to respond.

"It's alright. You don't have to have an answer right now." Though the unspoken, it might be too late to matter still hung heavily in the air. "Come to bed. Itachi will be back soon and we can talk about it." Sasuke was too kind to say it though. In his own unique way, Sasuke was capable of being just as kind as anyone else.

Hinata didn't know what else to do at that moment. So she nods and follows her future husband back to the bedroom. The two of them quickly get back into the bed and Sasuke wraps his arms around her protectively.

"We would take care of you and our child." He pulls the blankets over them. "It doesn't matter whether it was planned or not. Our marriage wasn't planned and we still love you anyway." He snuggles further into her. "It would be the same for our child or our nice and nephew."