Chapter 4.2

About fifteen minutes later, Itachi sighs as he watches Sasuke try to calm Naruto down. He was torn between amusement and annoyance. That was one very, very loud blonde. His ears were starting to hurt.

Naruto's boisterous personality and Sasuke's reaction to it, could be quite entertaining at times. "HINATA WAS IN A BRIDAL SHOP! SAKURA SAYS THAT YOU'RE ENGAGED TO HER!" Like now, for instance.

"Loser, are you trying to make everyone go deaf?! Shut up and I'll try to explain." Sasuke looked like he was only two minutes away from Chidoring his best friend and Itachi couldn't entirely blame him. It wouldn't have been as much fun to be on the receiving end of Naruto's "inquisition."

Still this was bound to be delightfully amusing for him. How was his foolish little brother going to explain everything to his best friend. Hell, even Itachi was still wrapping his mind around everything. God only knows, how Sasuke felt about it and Naruto was highly unlikely to react to the situation calmly and rationally.

The blonde was often anything but, calm and rational. "Naruto, calm down. Let him explain." So why should this situation be any different, Itachi wonders to himself as Sakura attempts to corral her lover.

"Alright. Go ahead, bastard." The blonde casts a demanding look at an extremely irritated looking Uchiha.

"There was a Betrothal Contract. It was between Itachi and Hinata. It was signed years ago. Before the Massacre. We've been looking for ways out of it, but I doubt we're going to find one and we're okay with that now." They were? That was certainly news to Itachi. "We're going to try to make it work. The thing is, we don't know if Itachi can have children. That was one of the clauses in it. So Hinata, Itachi, and I are getting married. Hinata is going to be our wife." Well what do you know, Sasuke had managed to explain the situation perfectly.

Naruto just gapes at the younger Uchiha like a fish out of water. Not that Itachi could blame him. That was exactly his reaction to his brother's proposal at first.

He should probably step though. Just to be on the safe side. "It's true. It's all consensual. Don't worry. I'll ensure that Sasuke isn't a bastard to Hinata and while I don't think that I deserve the privilege of being her husband, I will do my best to make her happy as well." After all, there was no need for blood to be shed on this day.

"Whoa. You guys are seriously both going to marry Hinata? How is that gonna work exactly?" Unfortunately, Itachi found himself privately echoing the blonde's confusion.

He wasn't the only one though. "W-We're still trying to figure that out." The Hyuga Heiress walks over to them, looking just as uncertain as he felt.

Itachi didn't miss that ruby red blush staining his future wife's cheeks. The fact that she had walked in on her First Love finding out about her engagement AND Sasuke's Clones running all over the place half naked, had clearly been a bit too much for their innocent fiancé.

Still it was good to know that the physical attraction was there. The way that she was blushing and trying desperately to look at her feet, spoke volumes. She was attracted to them.

Naruto seems a bit surprised at her sudden appearance, but quickly gets over it. "Oh right. Um hey, Hinata. Why didn't you tell me?" The blonde sounded hurt, but also slightly curious and really, who could blame him?

"We're still getting used to it. I'm sorry, Naruto. I didn't mean to keep it a s-secret. It's just a little overwhelming at the moment. We haven't known about it that long." It was painful to watch the poor girl struggle to answer the other man. He should probably step in.

That or Sasuke could do it for him. "Loser, if you make a big deal about this, I will Chidori you." Itachi could tell by the tone in Sasuke's voice that wasn't an idle threat. His foolish little brother was apparently more than willing to defend their future wife.

Good. Sasuke's protectiveness was a good sign. That implied that he did care on some level, even if he was overdoing it.

Naruto was just shocked. Anyone would be. "Sasuke, I believe that threat was excessive.". There was really no need to threaten him with violence.

"He's the one that showed up, demanding answers. I was going to tell him. I just figured we should discuss things first." wonderful. Now, his brother was being stubborn.

He knew his brother's temper. There was no point arguing with him further on this matter. "Of course." Sasuke was extremely stubborn.

"Right. Well um it's weird, but that's okay. It's okay, if you guys are happy about it." The blonde apparently didn't know when to quit.

Sakura pats Naruto on the back approvingly. "That's right." To Itachi, it looked as though the pink haired woman was impressed by Naruto's relatively mature response to the unusual situation.

Itachi didn't miss the way the woman's eyes lingered over their exposed chests though. Hinata was trying to be subtle about it. Sakura wasn't. Though he supposed that had more to do with the shock of discovering their engagement than anything.

She was certainly in love with Naruto and the pink haired woman didn't strike him as the type to stray. It was only human nature to look, he supposed.

"Right. Well you guys probably have a lot to talk about, but I had better be your Best Man, Bastard!" It was like a light switch had been flipped, Itachi muses to himself. Now, Naruto was suddenly completely supportive of their marriage. Amazing.

Sasuke rolls his eyes in response and Itachi couldn't help, but chuckle. "Whatever. You know that you're going to be my Best Man." An annoyed Sasuke was still a very amusing Sasuke. "Itachi, who are you going to ask to be yours?" That was a good question.

As far as Sasuke knew, Itachi was only close to him and Naruto. He couldn't be his brother's Best Man. He was also getting married. Naruto was obviously going to be Sasuke's Best Man. So the younger Uchiha was clearly at a loss for who Itachi would use as his Best Man. Not that Itachi could blame him.

Hmm. Well only one person was springing to mind. "I'll ask Kisame. His teeth may be intimidating, but he does have a good heart. Once you get past his shark fetish." After all, it was important never to judge a book by its cover.

Itachi had been saved and so had Kisame. Though Itachi knew that the Leaf was still reserving judgment in his case. After the truth came out, Kisame had switched sides. He had chosen to fight alongside his partner and by extension the other "good guys." Now, he was living in the Leaf Village under probation.

Sasuke raises an eyebrow."Well if you think he can handle behaving in a civilized fashion, sure." To be fair, Sasuke had a reason to be skeptical. Kisame wasn't exactly known for his civilized behavior and table manners.

"I'll make him handle it." Hinata giggles at Itachi's response.

Sakura seems to take that as their cue to leave. "Well it was great catching up. Naruto is probably right though. You have a lot of things to talk about. We'll see you later." And with that, the happy couple makes their tactful exit.