CHAPTER 30

Chapter 30

The next day, Hinata was out shopping with her sister with the twins while Sasuke and Itachi were at work. Unfortunately, she already knew why Sasuke was unexpectedly busy. The Daimyo's body had been found in their District.

"That's terrible about what happened to the Daimyo!" Hanabi walks next to her as Hinata pushes the stroller. "He just dropped dead of a heart attack during Sakura's and Naruto's wedding!" She waves her arms frantically. "Right out of the blue too! I didn't even know he had any heart problems!"

The bluenette was trying her best to be casual about the entire affair. Well casual with the proper amount of somberness mixed in, but she wasn't sure that she was succeeding. "Well it's possible that he had a heart condition and kept it a secret or that he just didn't know he had one." She sighs. "Sometimes people can look perfectly healthy on the outside, but have serious conditions they aren't even aware of on the inside."

Hanabi nods. Thankfully, her sister appeared to accept that answer. Hinata wasn't sure what she would have done, if that wasn't the case.

"Well you're the medic." Hanabi winks at her. "So you would know."

Hinata nods and tries not to breath out a sigh of relief. "Exactly." That would have given everything away.

She didn't know this for a fact, but she doubted it was a coincidence. The Daimyo had been stalking them with a Betrothal Contract "offer" for months. And now, he just happened to die of a heart attack in their District?!

The bluenette loved her husbands. She truly did, but there was no denying that there was still a lot of darkness in their hearts. At the end of the day, they were still beautifully wounded creatures. And animals were at their most vicious when they were wounded.

"So why don't we go get them some new cute baby clothes?" Hanabi giggles and winks. "And maybe, something cute for their daddies too!"

Her sister didn't seem particularly scandalized by Hinata's marriage. The Uchiha Matriarch knew that her marriage was highly unconventional, but she couldn't imagine life without either of them at this point. Which was why, she knew she had to tread very carefully about the Daimyo Situation.

She didn't want to lose them, but she highly doubted the Daimyo's death was an accident. If she confronted them about it, Hinata didn't know what she would do, if her suspicions were confirmed.

The twins giggle madly at that. "Oh I'm sure that their Daddies would just love that." Hinata smiles, trying to hide her discomfort.

If they did it, the proper thing to do would be to turn them in. Hinata just couldn't though. She loved them too much and she didn't want her children to grow up without their fathers.

"I'm still curious." Hanabi grins at her mischievously. "How does that work exactly?"

Maybe, it was better not to know. If she didn't know for sure, her conscience could be clean and she wouldn't be at risk of losing them. If they had done it, Itachi and Sasuke were capable of covering their tracks.

The Daimyo was already dead. Her family being torn apart wouldn't bring him back. Did she really have to give up everything for a dead man? That didn't seem fair.

Mercifully, Hanabi's words provided the necessary distraction that Hinata oh so desperately needed. "Very, very well." She blushes. "I'm still not going to give you any graphic details."

"Well the fact that you have twins and haven't been married that long does tell me one thing." Hanabi grins. "It must have been a Hell of a Honeymoon."

"HANABI!" Her sister could be so outrageous sometimes!

Luckily, the twins just giggle and seem to find her embarrassment amusing. Then again, her children were generally such happy little babies. It was ironic given their father's tragic pasts, Hinata muses.