CHAPTER 28

Chapter 28

"You look beautiful, Sakura." Hinata smiles at her friend as she and some other women were helping the pink haired medic prepare for her big day.

It wasn't just Sakura's big day though. It was also Naruto's and the Leaf's in general. Kakashi was going to step down as Hokage and since so many people were going to be gathered in the Uchiha District at once for the wedding, well it made sense to double up and have this be the coronation as well.

Sakura smiles as she looks at herself in the mirror. "Thanks, Hinata." Her pink hair was now done up in a bun with a few strands framing her face and she wore a long sleeved white kimono with a pink sash and orange flowers on it.

Honestly, she had been shocked six months ago, when Itachi and Sasuke had asked about this. They had actually asked her, if she wanted Naruto and Sakura to use the Uchiha District for their wedding venue.

"Well not bad for a billboard brow." Ino smirks.

Sakura twitches in response. "What was that Ino Pig?!" And Hinata just shakes her head at the now familiar scene.

For most of their lives, Ino and Sakura had fought like cats and dogs. Once upon a time, they were the best of friends. Then they were rivals. Now, they were both friends and rivals.

Hinata supposed that it was like Sasuke and Naruto just without as much destruction of life, limb, and loss of public (and private) property. So in that way, theirs was a far healthier relationship dynamic. For that, the bluenette found herself grateful. (The Leaf really couldn't handle two sets of Sasukes and Narutos)!

"She's just teasing you." Tenten smiles.

Well at least the Weapon's Mistress could see it for what it was. Ino was just teasing Sakura to take her mind off of any prewedding jitters that might be forming. It was a clever tactic.

"Hello." Mirai looks into the stroller with the twins inside it.

The toddler seemed fascinated and delighted that there was someone around who was smaller than her now. Well two someones actually. Aiya and Arashi.

The twins coo in response at the attention and Hinata smiles. While there had definitely been some growing pains at the beginning of her relationship with the Uchiha Brothers, the twins had almost instantly won everyone over. Whatever you might have thought of their unique parentage, there was no denying that they were both adorable.

Kurenai smiles. "It's so nice to see them getting along. Pity that they can't walk yet. I guess Mirai will just have throw enough flowers for all of them."

Hinata nods at this. The twins were only six months old. Neither of them would be walking for awhile. At least, she didn't think so.

It was really hard to judge what their milestone achievement times would be. These were children who had come out of the womb and immediately used chakra. That did imply that the rest of their physical development might be faster than normal, but so far she hadn't noticed anything too unusual in that regard.

"I'm shocked by how well they're handling these large crowds." Tsunade glances at Hinata.

She smiles. "Well, I guess they just aren't that intimidating compared to Aoda and Garuda. That and they seem to love being the center of attention." Hinata giggles. "And well Arashi is just like Sasuke in that it doesn't take much to make him content. Aiya tends to follow her brother's lead…so yeah."

Sakura rises an eyebrow. "I feel like I've missed something." She shrugs. "Oh well. We should probably get going." The pink haired woman beams with happiness. "We don't want to keep the boys waiting too long." The bride winks at her friends as they head off.