Chapter 38

"Thankyou doctor." Orlando said.

"No problem. But she should stay here for atleast 24 hours just to be more active and aware of her surroundings." Doctor 9 said.

"Okay." Orlando said and sat down on a chair and pulled up next to me.

"Who's her Hera?" He asked me.

"Her. The inner evil me." I said. I sounded crazy.

"And does this 'her' have a specific name?"

"She wants me to call her Tessa. But something just nips at the end of my brain that her name is far more dangerous." I said.

"By that you mean?" He kept asking. I thought he knew all of this stuff.

"I woke up, and she said it sucks here doesn't it? And that she said I get three warnings. If I ever need her I'll tell her. When I'm in a bad situation and I'm stuck. On the third she says she gets to take over completely," "What does any of that mean?" He asked me.

"Well, this is either just a dream, a very horrible dream, or this is the beginning to find your true name." He told me.

"So you do know what that means?" I asked.

"Yes, but this should be stopped. She may be world ending. She may end your life if you subsequently don't do what she says."

"This is gonna be a challenge."

"And challenges are what we live up to." He said.

"Now, time to find your true name." He said getting up.

"Do I have to get up?" I asked tiredly.

"Yes." Orlando said.

"OKIE dokie, lets do this."I said and hopped off the bed unhooking myself from all IV's.

As I stepped off the bed, I went completely limp.

Orlando looked at me funny cocking his eyebrow.

"I am mobile." I said from the floor," Just help me up and I'm okay." I said raising my arm for him to lift me.

"No. Your not. Fortunately, your staying here." He said carrying me bridal style back to my bed.

"But, just give me a smidge to recover and were okay." I said sounding not reasonable at all.

"Hera, as much as you want to come, your persuasion is awful and needs work, but your not coming so relax, literally."

"Well damn." I said under my breath.

"Well damn don't damn me if you can't walk, how can I trust your body to even move?" He said crossing his arms over his muscles chest to me.

"You can. I will just be slow." I said.

"No. Your stationed here and getting rest, and Apollo, will be here,because he said he wanted to watch over you and-"

"What? You mumbled the last part." I said blowing my hair out of my face.

"Nothing, but Hydro is coming with me." He said walking out of the room.

He was not a sentimental man at all.

I tried to stand up again, but ended up on the floor once more, and sat there not being able to move.

I ended up standing with my legs wobbling below me and I saw crutches.

Hooray.

I limped over to them using anything I possibly could as leverage and put them under my arms.

"That was hard." I said resting for a bit on the crutches, then moving forward.

I wandered out of the room, and went down the hall where I haven't seen before.

"Woah." I said stepping on a button in the floor, and a set of stone stairs began to form.

I crutched down them as daintily as I possibly could, and eventually touched the ground.

Apollos POV
I heard the stone steps being opened and snapped my head around seeing nothing. Then I heard a sound, paper clips? No. Plastic? No. Crutches? Yes.

I walked down the corridors a bit, and I saw Her gazing up at the long carved pillars above her.

I examined her for a bit, and then turned back around to what I was doing.

The chip I was adding had opened up in my arms, and I had to fix it once again.

Heras POV
I was gazing up at the long pillars and saw how many symbols and crests were. I moved into the next pillar and saw Orlando's symbol. There was blood running through the cracks of the carvings of the symbol still fresh, but didn't get on me. I brushed my fingers against it lightly, and a blue haze went over it.

Orlando's POV

I suddenly felt a sharp pang in my chest, and I had to stop walking for a bit.

Heras POV

"Lando never told me about...all of this..." I said still looking at his symbol.

I traced it slightly with my finger and it went up and to the left and then down,and then right, and then it crossed in the middle. It was so pretty. It was made out of pure extracted emerald. And then plastered to this with all of the other symbols.

"Each one of those symbols represents someone." I heard Apollos voice say in the distance, and I turned around.

"Stop touching Orlando's. He can feel it. That's his blood lining the whole thing, if anything were to happen to it, he would die." He said again.

"So it's his life source?" I said pulling my hand away from the symbol.

"Yes."

"How did he get a symbol? I want something like that..." I said gazing up again.

"He was heroic. Everything he did was just out of pure passion of what he does. All of these men from these symbols, are dead. They each had their own special thing, all of them are dead. But their souls were extracted and placed into these chambers. So the living symbols, like mine, and Hydros, and Orlando's, can feel anything you do to the symbols."

"Wow...so if these keep you alive, why leave them down here where anyone can get them." I asked.

"Because, the symbols link a chain to each other, so that wall of chain, cannot be broken, unless it is broken by another powerful source. Such as the cube. That is why Valentino wants it so bad. So he can shut down all of us. And if he does, your the only one left. Its simple. With him, your either gonna surrender or die."

"Oh."

"Oh, is right. That why we want the cube so bad. It's the only thing that can break this chain. The people who built these pillars of Hero's, had made a tiny slot for the cube purposely to shut it down if it were to become so strong, and all the magic within it."

Who knew such pillars held so much meaning.