Chapter 40

"I don't...I don't know anymore Lando...ever since that surgery you made me get, that voice has been in me forever. I can't get rid of her." She said for me.

All I had to do was sit back and frantically listen to what was happening.

I was starting to have doubts. Why was I doing this? What was so good about this for me? How does this help me?

I was seriously beginning to doubt this.

I have to speak up.

Now.

"Lando! It's my voice now, please listen to me." I pleaded to him.

"Wait...you...what...that wasn't you just a second ago?"

"No...yes, but no. It was her. She wants to-" And I felt tugging inside of me.

Oh god.

My chest lurched and began to ache like hell.

She was literally tugging on my heart.

Literally.

Don't you even dare tell him. What the hell is wrong with you. You know I will kill you if you do right?

Without my body, how are you supposed to live Tessa? If I'm dead, so are you.

Well by necessarily. I can just take another body.

But you won't last long.

Try me.

I would love for you to try.

Oh really? Let's start here.

And that's when I could feel it.

Really feel it. She was grabbing my heart. And moving it.

And prodding at my brain like I was a science lab.

I collapsed. This hurt more than anything.

Orlando's voice was barely audible, and I gave up. She took over me. That part of me was now trapped. I asked for her help. For her to stop. And she finally did.

"Now if you'll excuse me Orlando I have business to take care of thank you very much." I said walking past him.

"Your not going anywhere stay with me, I know that's not you talking, Hera. Tessa my dear, how's life in hell?"

"Why, you could only imagine. Living inside another soul. Wretching at her heart, her pleading for me to stop, and kapoof I'm here!" She said.

All I could do was watch. I couldn't do anything. Nothing.

"Hera, I know you can hear me. Fight this. Please." And I tried.

Orlando was asking me over and over and I tried but failed. There was nothing I could do. I was done with.

She had won. And now I had to watch my world fall apart.

"I hope your used to seeing blood. Because your the first to go." And she sent whisps whirling at him sharp as knives.

He barely dodged them and began to throw electricity balls at her. Us.

"Come on Hera I know your stronger than that!" He said yelling.

Now Apollo came into view.

Then Hydro. A bloody mess for them all. I wish I could say go away.

Leave. She's gonna hurt you.

"She won't Hera. I won't let her." I forgot Orlando could read my mind.

But then meant...

"No sweety. You can't read my mind. Have you not noticed my powers? I can read yours." She said winking.

"I'm sorry it has to end this way Orlando. I know we have always had a strong thing brewing between us. And I just might have to let that go. I mean power over love? Any given day."

And then I saw Apollo turn away. And then I regained strength. I knew exactly where I hit her hard. The brain. I squeezed.

"No! Stop!" She said.

And I wanted out. Back out.

The part she was controlling, I squeezed harder and harder.

"No...stop this.." And she was kneeling now.

But she was struggling to get back up. I saw her catch Orlando off guard with a spear to the chest but it missed and caught his shoulder.

He screamed.

She was twisting it with her mind.

How was this not helping.

I could almost see her soul. And I reach for it.

It writhed but I tore it apart.

"NO!" And then she was gone.

"Orlando!" I screamed and ran over to him.

She was still there. But had to play it off.

He gurgled and spat blood out.

"Orlando please. It's me. Listen to my voice." I said.

She was still there.

She was creeping farther and farther trying to get to me.

"Hydro, Apollo, now!" And then they grabbed me while a bunch of other people with robes and hoods on covering their faces with black eye masks.

"What are you doing?!" I yelled.

Now she was there.

"You all won't wanna do that." she said.

And her skin was beginning to tear and whisps went flying into their hands making them bloody and cut.

While the man standing in front of me was reciting something, I began to feel her gag out of me slowly.

"And for all, she will be gone!" And he clasped his hands together and then she flew out of me and they caught her in a glass ball.

I fell.

And went into a coma.

All I had was my thoughts and then rushing me to the medical bay we had. And same old same old doctor Nine took me in they said. Then I saw Hydro and Apollo with their hands looked awful. Orlando was right next to me. I could feel him mentally. He was laying down, shirtless, in the bed same as mine next to me.

With his whole left shoulder bandaged up.

And then I could no longer sense anything more and went into a deep deep sleep.