Empire State of Mind

At McKinely In The Choir Room

Everyone enters at the same time and they all started saying Hello to each other. Quinn and Finn give Jesse a hug happy to see her again. Sebastian and Mike share a high five and he gives Tina a hug. Sebastian then walks over to Artie and gives him a high five. Kurt and Jesse share a hug while Jamey was hugging Mercedes. Will walks into the room and everyone sits down. "These are comments from Jacob Ben-Israel's most recent Glee Club blog." Will said taking out a paper. "Glee is a giant ball of suck." Will said to them. "We get it, Mr. Shue. Everyone still hates us. So what? So we're plankton on the high school food chain? Only difference now is that none of us really care." Kurt said to him. "Kurt's right. We're a family. They can bring it all they want. None of it is going to break us." Mercedes said to him. "Okay, I'm really happy that you guys have all bonded. The problem is that all of this negative stuff is keeping other students from auditioning." Will said to them. "Good. Why do we need new members?" Tina asks him. "Well, since Matt transferred, we only have 14 members, and if we want to go to Nationals, if we want to beat Vocal Adrenaline, we have to go from a small rebel force to a giant wall of sound." Will said to them. "Yeah, Mr. Schuester's right, you guys." Rachel said while walking to the front making the siblings look at her. "You didn't see Vocal Adrenaline at Regionals. They were epic. We're going to need more voices in order to beat them." Rachel said to them. "No one asks you." Jesse said to her making Rachel look at her. "You're going to have to trust me on this, guys. Now, here's the plan. Nationals are in New York this year, and we are going." Will said to them making them laugh. "Now let's go out there and show the school how cool it's going to be, how cool we can be. If they're not going to come to us, let's go to them. They say we only sing show tunes and '80s pop. Let's show them how down we are. Let's give them the song of the year, New Directions! style." Will said to them making everyone cheer. 

In The Girls Room

The girls were getting ready as Rachel walks over to Jesse. "Hey, Jesse." Rachel said making Jesse look at her. "I was thinking maybe this time I can sing because I didn't get a solo or a song to do." Rachel said to her. "Rachel, you did sing and you lost your voice. You will sing now but you are not singing a solo." Jesse said to her. "Sucks to be you." Santana said to Rachel. Rachel looks at Jesse and she walks away.

New Directions Outfits

In The Courtyard

The New Directions walks into the courtyard and Finn puts down the player while Jamey picks up Kurt and sits him down on the table. Tina passes play and the music starts playing.

New Directions
Bum bum bum 
Bah bah bah bah bah 
Bah bah bah 

Mike, Jamey, and Sebastian start dancing around trying to get people to look.

New Directions
Bum bum bum 
Bah bah bah bah bah 

Kurt jumps off the table and runs over to Artie and starts pushing him. 

New Directions
Bah bah bah 

Artie
Yeah

Artie sings while Kurt pushing him.

Artie
Yeah, I'm up at Brooklyn
Now I'm down in Tribeca
Right next to DeNiro
But I'll be hood forever
I'm the new Sinatra
And since I made it here
I can make it anywhere
Yeah, they love me everywhere

Finn
I used to cop in Harlem
All of my Dominicanos
Right there up on Broadway
Brought me back to that McDonald's
Took it to my stash box
Five-Sixty state-street
Catch me in the kitchen
Like a Simmons with them pastries

Puck and Mercedes walk down the cage's stairs.

Puck (Mercedes)
Eight million stories
Out there in it naked
(Oh-wooh, woah)
The city is a pity, half o' y'all won't make it
Me, I got a plug Special Ed,
"I Got It Made" (Woah-ooh-ooh)
If Jesus payin' LeBron
I'm payin' Dwayne Wade

Three-dice Cee-Lo
(Whoa, ooh-ooh)
Three-card Marley
Labor Day Parade

Jese watches from where she was standing with Quinn, Santana, and Brittany. Jesse sees a girl singing along with her song making Jesse smile.

Puck (Mercedes)
Rest in peace, Bob Marley
Statue of Liberty (Whoa)
(New Directions: Come on)
Long live the World trade
(New Directions: Come on, yeah-eah)
Long live the kingdom (New Directions: Come on, yeah-eah)
I'm from the empire state from

New Directions (Puck)
New York (Jesse: New york)
(Hey)

Jesse, Santana, Quinn, and Brittany walkout from the top.

New Directions (Puck)
Concrete jungle where dreams are made of
There's nothing you can't do
(That won't do)
(Mercedes: You can't do, oh)

Jesse walks down while the three girls dance behind her.

New Directions (Puck)
Now you're in New York
(Jesse: You're in New York)
(Welcome to the bright lights, baby)
These streets will make you feel brand new
(Mercedes: You feel brand new)
Big lights will inspire you

Let's hear it for New York
(Mercedes: Oh)
New York
New York (Jesse: Yeah, hey)

All the girls walk over to Jesse, Santana, Quinn, and Brittany. Jesse walks to the front where Mercedes was waiting for her while the boys were sitting down below them.

New Directions Girls
One hand in the air for the big city
Street lights, big dreams
All looking pretty
No place in the world that could compare
Put your lighters in the air

New Directions
Everybody say yeah, yeah
(New Directions Girls: Come on, come on)
Yeah, yeah
(New Directions Girls: Come on)

The boys stand up and they walk over to the girls.

New Directions (Sibling Dynasty)
In New York (New York)
Concrete jungle
Where dreams are made of
(Mercedes: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
There's nothing you can't do
(You can't do)

While they were dancing Sebastian sees a boy tapping his foot to the song. Sebastian smile knowing he likes them.

New Directions (Sibling Dynasty)
Now you're in New York
(Mercedes: New York, New York)
(New York)
These streets will make
You feel brand new
(Mercedes: Brand new)
(Brand new)
Big lights will inspire you
(Inspire you)

Let's hear it for New York
(Mercedes: New York)
New York (Mercedes: New York)

The group sits down at the end.

New Directions Girls
Bah bah bah bah bah 
Bah bah bah. 

The song ends and the school was unimpressed. "Well, that didn't work." Artie said to them as the school does their own thing.