Whatever Happened to Saturday Night?

At McKinley In The Choir Room

Will, Emma, and Carl were talking in front of the students. "So..." Rachel said to Sam while moving closer to him. "What happened?" Rachel asks him. "I kiss him but he pushed me away." Sam said to her. "Wow, I am guessing he doesn't like you so why don't you find someone else." Rachel said to him making Sam look at her. "No, he is playing with me." Sam said to her and he looks at Sebastian who was playing with his sister's hair. "No, he pushed you away. It's clear he doesn't like you." Rachel said to him. "Maybe but the way he looks at me." Sam said to her while looking at Sebastian. Quinn walks over to them. "Move pig." Quinn said to Rachel who moves away from Sam and Quinn sits down next to Sam. "Who are you looking at?" Quinn asks him. "Sebastian." Sam said to her. "He is cute." Quinn said to him making Sam look at her. "What is his weakness?" Sam asks her. "His little sister and brother." Quinn said to him making Sam look back at him to see Sebastian is very close to his siblings. "They even have a name when they sing together. That is how close they are." Quinn said to him and she walks away from him. Sam smiles at Sebastian who was hugging his sister. "I don't understand." Will said making everyone look at them. "Well, you guys have a hole to fill and I'm just trying to help fill it." Carl said to him. "Wanky." Santana said to them. "Santana!" Emma yelled at her making the teens laugh a little. "Well, you know, I can't just give you a role. You have to try out." Will said to him. "Well, fair enough. But, I'll need a lady to sing to. Ems?" Carl said looking at Emma. "Okay." Emma said to him and Carl looks at the band. "Hot Patootie, B flat." Carl said to them and the band starts playing the song.

Carl
Whatever happened to
Saturday night?
When you dressed up sharp and you felt alright?
It don't seem the same since cosmic light

Carl walks over to the teens and takes off his jacket.

Carl
Came into my life
I thought I was divine
I used to go for a ride with a chick who'd go
I'd listen to the music on the radio
A saxophone was blowing on a rock 'n' roll show
You climbed in the back seat
Really had a good time

Carl walks in between the teens.

Carl with New Directions
Hot patootie - bless my soul
I really love that Rock and Roll
Hot patootie, bless my soul
I really love that Rock and Roll

Carl takes Jesse's hand and spins her a few things.

Carl with New Directions
Hot patootie, bless my soul
I really love that Rock and Roll

Carl lets go of her hand and Jesse stops spinning next to Quinn and Finn who were smiling at her.

Carl with New Directions
Hot patootie, bless my soul
I really love that Rock and Roll

Sebastian nods for Mike and Jamey to go to the front. The three boys walk over to Carl with Sam's eyes on Sebastian. Sam has never seen Sebastian dance before.

Carl
My head used to swim
From the perfume I smelled

The three boys circle around Carl who looks at them.

Carl
My hands kinda fumbled with her white plastic belt

The three do feet move and Carl follows them.

Carl
I'd taste her baby pink lipstick and that's when I'd melt

The three boys move their feet while moving their hips and Carl follows them.

Carl
She'd whisper in my ear tonight she really was mine

The three boys spin away from him.

Carl
Get back in front and put some hair oil-on
Buddy Holly was singing his very last song
With your arms around your girl, you try to sing along

Carl sings while putting Mike's arm around Tina.

Carl
You felt pretty good... Whoo!
Really had a good time

Everyone walks to the front but Jesse, Sebastian, Rachel, Mercedes, and Artie who sits down.

Carl with New Directions
Hot patootie - bless my soul
I really love that Rock and Roll

Sam walks over to Sebastian and lets out his hand for him. Jesse pushes Sebastian up and the two join the others.

Carl with New Directions
Hot patootie, bless my soul
I really love that Rock and Roll

The teens dance with their partners while Jesse, Mercedes, and Artie sit in their seats.

Carl
Hot patootie - bless my soul
(New Directions Boys: My soul...)
I really love that Rock and Roll
(New Directions Girls: Rock and Roll)
Hot patootie - bless my soul
(New Directions Boys: My soul...)
I really love that Rock and Roll
(New Directions Girls: Rock and Roll)
Hot patootie - bless my soul
(New Directions Boys: My soul...)
I really love that Rock and Roll
(New Directions Girls: Rock and Roll)
Hot patootie - bless my soul
(New Directions Boys: My soul...)
I really love that Rock and Roll
(New Directions Girls: Rock and Roll...)
Hot patootie - bless my soul
(New Directions Boys: Ooohhh...)
I really love that Rock and Roll
(New Directions Girls: Rock and Roll...)
Hot patootie - bless my soul
(New Directions Boys: Ooohhh...)
I really love that Rock and Roll
(New Directions Girls: Rock and Roll)
Hot patootie - bless my soul
(New Directions Boys: My soul...)
I really love that Rock and Roll...
(New Directions Girls: Rock and Roll)

Carl
Yeah!

The song ends, and everyone cheers for him while Sebastian moves away from Sam. Sam looks at him as Sebastian walks over to Jesse. "Wait, wait! This will not do!" Sue said to him. "Excuse me?" Carl asks her. "For this musical to continue we need a Frankenfurter, not an Eddie! Eddie was eliminated in my rewrites!" Sue said to them. "Sue's right. You want to play in our sandbox? Sing a Frankefurter number." Will said to Carl. "Well, I'm sorry, bro. I think it's fine to wear that Franken-bustier in the privacy of your own home – I'm freaky like that. But, don't you think it's a little inappropriate in a high school musical? At least if I play Eddie, I won't have to grind up against the students." Carl said to Will while Santana raises her hand to volunteer and Mercedes pushes her hand down. Jesse walks over to her dad after seeing he was getting mad. "You know Eddie's an important role. If I did it, I'd be showing my support for the arts." Carl said to him making Will laugh. "Are you telling me how to direct my show?" Will asks him making Jesse stand in front of him. "Will, Will!" Carl said to him while Will puts his arm around Jesse as she hugs him. "Mr. Schue?" Mercedes said making everyone look at her. "I'd like to play Frankenfurter. I was re-reading the script and it said, "Don't dream it, be it." And it's my dream to play a lead role so, I figure, why not me? I mean, I'd be all kinds of crazy sexy in that outfit." Mercedes said making everyone agree. "And, I can reinterpret the number a little bit, making it more modern. I'd really like the chance Mr. Schue." Mercedes said to him. "Well, there you go, Will. You killed two birds with one stone here today. Congratulations! Look, you got yourself a Frankenfurter and an Eddie. This is outstanding!" Sue yelled at them making everyone claps.