I Look to You

Jesse Outfit

Jamey Outfit

Jamey Outfit

At McKinely In The Choir Room

Everyone walks into the room to see Kurt sitting here sad. Jesse walks over to him and they share a hug while everyone pats his back. Sebastian walks over to him and pats his shoulder making Kurt nod to him. Jamey walks over while Sebastian sits down with Jesse. Kurt walks into Jamey's arms hugging him with Santana and Brittany walks over to them. "Hey, Kurt." Santana said making the two look at them. "We're really sorry about your dad's heart attack." Santana said to him. "Thanks, Santana." Kurt said to her while Jamey rubs his back. "I did a book report on heart attacks if you want to give it to the doctor." Brittany said handing him a book. "I got knocked down an entire letter grade 'cause it was written in crayon." Brittany said to him and the two sit down. "Let me take that." Jamey said to him taking the book from Kurt while Finn and Quinn walk into the room. "What the hell happened?" Finn asks Kurt. "My dad's in the hospital." Kurt said to him. "I know. My mom just called me. I feel like I'm the last one to know!" Finn yelled at him. "Finn, calm down." Quinn said to him. "Well, I'm sorry, Finn. It didn't occur to me to call you, because he's not your father." Kurt said to him while Jamey sits down. "Yeah, well, he's the closest I'm ever going to get, okay? I know it may not look like what everybody else has, but I thought we were... sort of a family." Finn said to him and Kurt sits down next to Jamey who puts his arm around Kurt. "Look, I... I guess I just... I didn't like overhearing other people talking about it in gym class." Finn said to him and Kurt moves his bag so Finn can sit next to him. "Hey, guys." Will said while walking into the room as Finn sits down. "Our thoughts are all with Kurt." Will said while Finn pats Kurt's back who nods no to him making Finn move his hand. "And, uh, I know it's sort of hard to really focus on anything else..." Will said to them and he was cut off by Jamey. "Dad." Jamey said making Will look at him. "I've been struggling, trying to figure out what I wanted to say to Kurt all day." Jamey said to him making Kurt look at him. "And I realized I don't want to say it, I want to sing it." Jamey said to him making Will nod for him to come to the front. Jamey and Kurt share a look and Jamey walks to the front. "This song is about being in a very dark place, and turning to God." Jamey said to them and he looks at Quinn, Jesse, and Mercedes. "Girls." Jamey said and the three walks to the front with Jamey. The band starts playing while Kurt looks down.

Jamey 
As I lay me down
Heaven hear me now
I'm lost without a cause
After giving it my all

Kurt looks at Jamey.

Jamey
Winter storms have come
And darkened my sun
After all that I've been through
Who on earth can I turn to?

I look to You,
I look to You
After all my strength is gone
In You I can be strong

Jamey sings while Sebastian looks at Kurt who was watching his brother.

Jamey (The Three Girls)
I look to You
I look to You
After all my strength is gone
In You I can be strong
I look to You (To You)

The girls sing making Jamey turn to them with a smile.

Jamey (The Three Girls)
I look to You, ohhh, oooh
(Oh-oh-oh)
And when melodies are gone, yeah (Melodies are gone)
In You I hear a song

Jamey
I look to You
Yeah
I look to You

Jesse smiles at her brother and she looks at Kurt who was trying not to cry.

Jamey
Oooh
I look to You

The song ends, everyone claps for him while Kurt walks over to him and they share a hug. "Thank you." Kurt said to him while letting go of Jamey and he looks at everyone. "Jamey's voice is stunning, but...I don't believe in God." Kurt said to them. "Wait, what?" Quinn asks him. "You've all professed your beliefs. I'm just stating mine. I think God is kind of like Santa Claus for adults. Otherwise, God's kind of a jerk, isn't he? I mean, he makes me gay and then has his followers going around telling me it's something that I chose. As if someone would choose to be mocked every single day of their life. And right now I don't want a heavenly father. I want my real one back." Kurt said to them. "But Kurt, how do you know for sure? I mean, you can't prove that there's no God." Mercedes asks him. "You can't prove that there isn't a magic teapot floating around on the dark side of the moon with a dwarf inside of it that reads romance novels and shoots lightning out of its boobs, but it seems pretty unlikely, doesn't it?" Kurt said to her. "Is God an evil dwarf?" Brittany asks them. "We shouldn't be talking like this. It's not right." Quinn said to them. "I'm sorry, Quinn." Kurt said to her. "But you all can believe whatever you want to. But I can't believe something I don't. I appreciate your thoughts...But I don't want your prayers." Kurt said to them and he walks out. 

Outside Of Room

"Kurt, wait." Jamey said making Kurt look at him. "Come here." Jamey said to him, Kurt walks over to him, and Jamey pulls him in for a hug. Kurt puts his arms around Jamey's neck while Jamey kisses his cheek.