Chapter 14. Some People Have it Worse

I woke up the next morning with a major headache, I didn’t sleep very well on the tiny sofa. I sat up groaning, I heard a someone laugh and I looked up to see Jack sitting up in bed. ” What? ” I mumbled, he shook his head. ” You should’ve slept over here ” he smiled, I rolled off the sofa and onto the floor next to Dash. ” Yeah, the floor is so much comfier than that sofa! ” I chuckled, ” So what happened between you and Trina? ” I asked still laying on the floor. He shook his head, ” She’s paranoid, she thinks I’m going to choose you over her ” he sighed.  ” Well, you chose me over her last night ” I exclaimed, he nodded. ” And? ” he asked, I shrugged, ” Is she going to kill me now, since you slept in here ” I asked. He smiled ” Finn wouldn’t let that happen “, I nodded ” You would tho? “. He looked down, ” Well look at that, I think it’s time to get cracking on with the day ” he said standing up. I was still laying on the floor, petting Dash. Before he left he turned back to me, ” Skye ” he sighed. I looked at him, ” No, I wouldn’t let it happen ” he smiled. I nodded ( Don’t show how happy that makes you ). After he had left the room I looked at Dash, who was giving me the ” Your Stupid ” look. I smiled and stood up, I let Dash out of my room then Locked my door. It was shower time, and the last thing I need is to have one of them walk in on me. After my shower I dried my hair and got dressed, then I walked downstairs. ” Hey ” I waved to Jess, she smiled and handed me a note. I silently read it, * Morning Skye, Jack and I had to take care of a few things. Jess will be by your side until we get back, don’t let Trina scare you. See you later. Finn *. I slipped the note in my pocket, then looked at Jess. She had her note pad ready to answer anything I needed a answer for, ” Are you hungry? ” Charles asked me from the kitchen. I shook my head no, ” No Thanks ” I smiled. Jess and I sat on the sofa, ” So… How’d you end up here? ” I asked. She quickly wrote something down, * It’s a boring story *. I smiled ” I would like to know tho “, she nodded and then wrote down everything.

* I was 13 when this whole vampire thing started, I was born deaf. And like you I was on the run, but I was alone because my parents didn’t want me. They said I was a liability because I couldn’t hear, they’re all dead now. When I was 16 I just gave up on hiding, I was sick of it and just wanted to live. Even if that meant living as a vampire, I was bitten by one of those freaks. Before my parents died they found me and tried to kill me, I was able to escape obviously. My hearing started working after a week of being bitten, I just never learned how to talk. Mr. Harries found me living in the streets and had pity for me, he took me in a few years ago. And that’s about it *.

I sat there dumbfounded, she was so positive about the whole thing and I was being so negative about living in this really cool house. Being with these twins, who made me feel more alive than my human friends did.I needed to get over the fact that I have to be here, because some people have had a harder life. I smiled, ” So you weren’t brought here to be with one of them? ” I asked her. She shook her head no, then wrote on her pad of paper. * Surprisingly You’re the first *, ” But I thought Trina was? I mean she acts like it ” I sighed. She wrote again, * Nope!! And I don’t think she’s going to last much longer, not with you here * she smiled. I nodded, ” I don’t think he’d give her up for me ” I stated. She rolled her eyes * You underestimate yourself too much *, I smiled and gave her a quick hug. The day went on normal, Jack and Finn were gone longer than I expected. I spent most of the day in my room either reading or talking to Jess, Around 6 pm Dash and I were on my bed and I must of dozed off, because I woke up to shouting ( Oh No, Shit ).