Chapter 18. A Friendly Face - Lyla's P.O.V

The guys and I walked through the town on our way to the pot, it was the middle of the day but there were still a lot of vamps. We weren’t sure exactly where the pot was, we just thought we’d walk around and stumble upon it. After walking around for an hour we all started to notice that the vamps were closing in on us, we ended up hiding in an apartment building. ” I knew this was a bad idea! ” Jack shouted, ” We should have at least brought one of the dogs ” Dean exclaimed. We walked along one of the corridor’s, when we noticed something strange. It was definitely a defense system, it was a cage type thing in front of the apartment door. ” It’s silver ” I stated, ” Either it’s keeping something in or out ” Ben sighed as he rang the bell. There was a note over the bell that read, * Ring if you’re Human * I found it funny. The door slowly opened and a blue eyed guy peaked through,        ” Are you all human? ” he asked us. Jimmy nodded, ” Yeah, are you? ” Ben asked. The guy nodded,    ” Put your hands on the silver ” he stated. ” What? ” Jimmy asked, ” It’s a test, I don’t let anyone in unless they don’t burn from the silver ” he sighed. We all nodded placing our hands on the silver care that protected the stranger, ” Okay ” he smiled opening the cage door and apartment door. ” Your all hunters? ” the stranger asked looking at our weapons, Jimmy nodded ” We’re looking for the pot “. The stranger looked a little shocked, ” Why? ” he questioned. ” Our friend was there, we’re looking for her ” Ben sighed, the stranger nodded ” My name’s Phil, I used to be a hunter “. I smiled ” Why used to be? ” I asked, he sighed and pulled down the neck of his shirt he had bite marks. ” I was in the pot, I was sold and even bit. But I ended up killing the vamp and was set free ” Phil sighed, ” Why? ” Jack asked. ” I’m a shifter, Our blood kills them ” he stated, I looked at Jimmy and Ben. ” Did you know that? ” I asked them, ” No ” Ben shook his head.

" Really, Phil they’re both shifters " I exclaimed, he nodded. " I haven’t met another shifter before, other than my parents. I haven’t seen them in years tho, and the rest of you are human? " he asked the rest of us, we nodded. " Our friend, we were told that she was taken to the pot and sold off. We don’t know were she is " I sighed. He nodded, " Come here " he said while walking to one of the windows. He pointed to a building, " It’s at least a days walk from here, maybe longer " he explained. " That means we’ll be walking at night, No Ben! " Dean shouted " Not with more and more freaks out at night " Jack sighed. " You’re welcome to stay here until you figure out a plan, I’ve got enough food to last us and I mean it looks like you’ve been walking for a while " Phil smiled, I nudged Jimmy. " We have been walking a while, but mostly in the woods tho " Ben sighed, Jimmy who thought he was running this whole rescue mission nodded. " Thanks " Jimmy stated, Phil smiled and nodded, " For a fellow shifter " Phil smirked. We all sat around talking about the current situation, " So do you guy’s really think your going to find your friend? " Phil asked. " Yes " Jimmy answered, Phil smiled " Oh, I get it. Your friend must be a girl ". I nodded, " Why does it matter? " Ben questioned. " Because he fancy’s her " Phil chuckled, all the boy’s looked at Jimmy confused. " What? " Ben shouted his eyes were already glowing blue, " We promised Josh ( One of Skye’s Brothers ) we would protect her, not fall in Love with her! " he yelled. " Calm the Fuck Down, I never planned on making a move on her or anything! " Jimmy shouted, " Will you both shut the fuck up! Now she’s my best friend, if he wants to like her. He can and there’s nothing anyone can do about it " I shouted. " You knew? " Jack asked me, " Duh! " I chuckled. It didn’t take long for them both to calm down, we didn’t need to worry about fighting with each other. We need to worry about trying to find Skye, " So Phil, why aren’t you a hunter anymore? " Dean asked. Phil shrugged, " The crew I was with got killed off, I just gave up with trying to fight them and just hid " he sighed. I nodded, " Well, we would never give up! " Dean exclaimed. Phil smiled " I can tell ", we continued talking until around half eleven. We all laid down and quickly fell asleep, it was nice to see a friendly face in a world of darkness.