Chapter 39. Safe - Skye and Jack's P.O.V

I had run out of tears ( Which was rather quick ), so I just stared at the ceiling… Thinking. It was pitch black in the room, but light soon flooded in from the corridor. I turned my back towards the figure that was walking into the room, I knew who it was and I really wasn’t in the mood to talk to him. I heard him sigh and lay down beside me, I didn’t move. There were a few seconds of silence, until he spoke. ” I’m Sorry Skye, I didn’t mean what I said ” he sighed, I continued on with my silence. It’s like I was in a daze, I couldn’t shake it. ” Skye I know you’re mad, but you can’t shut me out. Please say something, Anything! ” he pleaded, ” I’m not mad and I don’t blame you for saying what you did, it’s my fault that they were there ” I stated without any emotion behind my words. He sighed, ” It’s not your fault, don’t ever say that! ” he exclaimed. ” Then who’s fault is it? ” I asked, ” I don’t know, but it’s not yours ” he sighed. I turned over and hugged him, he hugged me back. ” I’m Sorry ” I whispered, ” For what? There’s nothing you need to be sorry for ” he whispered back. ” Because I’m the reason you can’t go out, well not with me anyway ” I sighed, ( I’m glad it’s dark, because I probably look like crap! ). He chuckled, ” I’m just tired of worrying, I’ve never had to worry about anything before and then you came along ” he whispered. Laying there in his arms , I felt safe. ” You don’t need to protect me tho, you know I can do that myself ” I whispered, ” I know, but it makes me feel like a big strong man ” he chuckled. I sighed and smiled to myself, ” Skye, I’m just afraid I’ll lose you again…I’m afraid If I lose you again, I’ll never see you ever and I won’t let you go ” he sighed. I looked up at him, ” You won’t lose me again, don’t worry ” I smiled. And then then I did something that was very overdue, I kissed him. But something wasn’t right, what I mean is. You always hear about true loves kiss or whatever and how it’s supposed to be almost magical, I know this isn’t a fairy tale but I thought it would feel different. When I pulled away I noticed the cocky little smirk forming on his face, I just went back to cuddling with him   ( Maybe I can just forget about these thoughts, Maybe it didn’t feel right because it was my first kiss ). ” So does this mean I can sleep with you tonight? ” he questioned, I silently nodded. I never thought I’d be so comfortable falling asleep in the arms of a vamp, but here I am ( And hopefully here I’ll stay ).

[ Jack’s P.O.V ]

Falling asleep next to Skye was nice, I truly needed this girl in my life. ( But I didn’t realize I was about to have one of the worst dreams in my life, and It was gonna change everything ) [ Dream ] * At first I couldn’t see anything, but then images just started to play. I was in a business room with my father,plus Dan and his Father. I couldn’t move, ” So what is this meeting really about? ” Dan’s father questioned. ” We are here to talk about the disappearance of Skye ” My dad started, ” You think I had something to do with that? Maybe you should of treated her better than the way you did! ” Dan exclaimed. I glared at him, ” The fact that you wanted her for yourself Dan, that doesn’t look very good ” my dad sighed. Dan rolled his eyes, ” Sure I wanted her, so what! I didn’t get her ” he exclaimed. My father sighed, ” Okay, then if you don’t have her. Do you have any idea of where she could be? ” Dan’s dad asked him. Dan shrugged and shook his head, ” For fuck’s sake ” I sighed. ” Well then, I think we’re done here ” Dan’s dad stated as he stood up, my dad followed. Dan and I were left in the room alone, Dan sat across from me smirking. ” What? ” I spat, he shrugged and smiled. ” I know, you know where she is! ” I exclaimed, he chuckled. ” I don’t actually, but that doesn’t mean that I’m not looking for her. And if I find her first, well I think you know what’ll happen ” he smirked, ” I won’t let that happen! ” I shouted. He smiled ” We’ll see “, I glared at him as he stood up. Things started to quickly fade, all of a sudden I was on the roof of a tall building. It was my favorite place, I had found her here. She was standing on the edge, ” Skye… ” I shouted. She turned around to look at me, her cheeks were stained with makeup and tears. All she did was shake her head, ” Skye, what are you doing? ” I questioned. ” I’m doing what needs to be done ” she sighed, ” What does that mean? ” I asked. ” You know what you did and we can’t move on from that. If I don’t end up with you, I’ll just end up with that monster! ( Dan ) ” she stated, ” This isn’t you, please Don’t do this ” I pleaded. She shook her head, I glanced down at my phone that was suddenly in my hand, there was a message from Finn. - Jack, Don’t let her do this! : Finn -. ” I’m sorry Jack, but I can’t live like this ” she sighed, then she was gone. But I didn’t see her jump and she wasn’t on the ground, it was like she vanished into thin air *

I sat straight up in bed, breathing heavy and sweating bullets. I looked around and realized I was still in Skye’s room, when I fell asleep she was next to me and now she wasn’t. ” Skye… Skye! ” I shouted, she opened the bathroom door and rushed over to the bed. ” What’s wrong? ” she asked, ” Do you have my journal.. ” I questioned. She nodded then walked over to the bedside table and pulled it out of the draw, ” Don’t lose my place, I’m not finished reading it yet ” she smiled. ” Don’t worry, I’ve just got to make a few notes ” I sighed, She nodded and handed it to me, I quickly wrote most of it down. ” Are you okay? ” she asked, I nodded. ” Yeah.. I’m fine ” I smiled at her, I was still confused about the dream. ( What does it mean? ), I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

------------------------------------------------------------------

So this story is almost over, and it Ends very dramatic. I Hope You've Enjoyed and Thank You for Reading =D