Chapter 29. I can't believe it!

I sat in the lounge next to Jess and listened to the people that were left talk, ” So what’s the theme for this party? ” Dan asked the guys. Finn smiled, ” We’re thinking a mascaraed type thing, you know the mask’s and everything ” he smirked. ” Wait, don’t those usually involve large ball gowns? ” Christi asked, Jack shook his head. ” We’re having a casual one, so no big ball gowns! There are plenty of different mask’s for you three ladies up in Skye’s room ” he smiled, we each nodded. ” Now everyone will be here soon, so go get ready ” Finn exclaimed, Christi, Jess and I walked upstairs. Once we were in my room I sighed, ” I’m not staying in this dress! ” I exclaimed. They smiled, ” Why, What are you going to wear? ” Christi asked. I shrugged, ” It’s not comfortable and I like this one better, with some black wedges ” I smiled.    ” Oh Yes, and some black tights! That’s Cute ” Christi shouted, I smiled and looked through the many different mask’s that were laid out on my bed, I wanted something that matched the color block shift dress I would be wearing. ” So who’s all coming to this thing? ” I asked, they shrugged. ” Alfie for sure, but other than that I’m not sure who else they invited ” Christi sighed, I nodded and walked into the bathroom to change. ” I’m gonna see if either of them recognize me, it’s gonna be my entertainment for tonight ” I smiled, ” There’s going to be loads of girls here tonight, I’m sure they won’t recognize you… Well not at first ” Christi exclaimed. ” They’ll definitely realize it’s you after a few sips of alcohol ” She sighed, ” How do you know? ” I questioned. She smiled ” Because Jack’s feelings seem to increase when he’s been drinking, his feelings are real tho “, I nodded. A few minutes later all I heard was loud music and laughing. ” I guess it’s time, do you think they’d notice if I didn’t show up? ” I sighed, Christi rolled her eyes ” Come on “. The three of us walked downstairs and into the growing crowd of people, I tried to look casual and not bring any attention to myself ( I couldn’t ). I looked around but since everyone had masks on, I couldn’t tell who was who. ” So, you decided to make a wardrobe change? ” Jack asked, I rolled my eyes. ” It’s not illegal ” I exclaimed, he chuckled ” I know, I like this dress a lot more “. I smiled at him ” Good! “, he smirked. Then we stood around for a few minutes weirdly, but he soon nodded as he walked away.

I sighed and turned around to see a smiling Finn, ” You two just don’t make anything easy ” he smiled. ” What are you talking about?? ” I questioned, he shrugged ” It’s not my place to say “. I nodded, ” Because if you don’t know, then no one will ” he sighed. I smiled at him and then walked away, I grabbed a brightly colored drink. I ran into a few half drunk people, before being pulled into a corridor. ” The Fuck? ” I exclaimed as I looked at the 7 people standing in front of me, that’s when it hit me. ” Lyla? ” I asked as I pulled her into a giant hug, ” How did you get in? What is wrong with you, you shouldn’t of come after me. Do you know how many vamp’s are in the other room ” I exclaimed. ” Well it wasn’t that easy, we had to change how we smell ” Ben sighed giving me a hug, ” You’re all crazy! ” I smiled. I hugged everyone of them, ” Oh Hello? ” I smiled at the new guy in the crew. ” Hi, I’m Phil ” he smiled ” I’m a shifter “, I nodded ” Oh really, Nice to meet you Phil “. ” Alright, let’s go ” Jimmy sighed, I shook my head. ” I can’t, they’ll know I’m gone ” I exclaimed, ” Skye, I’m sure they have enough distractions. So they won’t realize your gone ” Lyla smiled. ” No! They’re not like normal vampire families, it’s different! ” I shouted, ” What do you mean? ” Ben asked. I shrugged, ” I don’t know, I can’t tell you anything yet! ” I exclaimed. They looked at me confused, ” Just don’t draw any attention to yourselves, please ” I sighed. They nodded, ” Fine, but when this thing is over we’re leaving ” Jimmy stated. I nodded and walked back into the party room, sure I wanted to leave but I had this little voice in my head telling me not to go.

" I’ve been looking for you, we need to talk " Dan sighed, I looked at him. " Why? " I questioned, he glared at me. " Because your friends nearly killed my father and unless you want me to announce that they’re here at this party, then you’ll follow me " he threatened, " How do you know? " I asked. " Well it’s obvious! I can smell the human’s, but everyone else is too drunk. So they haven’t got a clue, so are we going to talk or not? " he asked, I nodded " Fine ". We walked upstairs and into a library type room, " So have they ever brought you in here? " Dan asked. I shook my head no, " I can’t believe you trust them so much, I mean if they can keep a little library a secret. What else could they'd be hiding it from you? " he smirked. I shrugged, " I don’t care what you have to tell me, I trust them more than I trust you! " I sighed. He nodded " Don’t you think everything they’ve said is just a little weird, I mean Jack told you he’s had dream’s about you his whole life. That seem’s a bit unrealistic, don’t you think? ", I shrugged. " If it was true, don’t you’d think he’d let you read his journal " a stranger said in the dark, I knew that voice too well. " I mean hell, even I’ve read his journal and there is nothing about you in it " Trina smirked, " And why the fuck would I believe anything you have to say! " I exclaimed. " Because I lived in this house for 4 years, Dan has known them his whole life. You think you know them because you spent everyday with them, for the past couple of month’s. You don’t know anything " she sighed, " What do you want? " I asked them. " What do I want? I want revenge, did they tell you what happened to Shawn? " she questioned, I shook my head. " They killed him, for what he did to you. Yeah he was a pig, but he didn’t deserve to die because of it! " she exclaimed, " So what, are you here to kill me? " I asked. Dan shook his head, " We’re going to let you go, with all of your friends. Because we don’t want to see Jack and Finn happy, your the only thing here that makes them happy " he stated. I was on the verge of tears and extremely confused, could they have been lying to me this whole time. " Okay, then what do you want me to do? " I asked, " We just want you to act normal for the rest of the night, don’t tell anyone that Trina’s here and we’ll be able to get everyone out safe and sound " Dan smiled. I nodded " Alright ", Dan led me back down to the party. I didn’t know who to believe anymore, I was just ready to go now.