Chapter. 39

The venue

The venue

Gabrielle's engagement ring

Emiliano's engagement ring

Getting down on one knee....i hear Gabrielle gasp and the crowd goes awww I look into her eyes and i know i want my life with her.

Baby you and i have not known each other for long but when i am with you it feels like i have known you forever and i feel you complete me in everyway. I promise to become the best version of me even if i am at my worst....i want to experience the rest of life with you by my side as my other half and my soulmate. Gabrielle Allard will you make me the happiest man on earth and become my wife. Will you marry me? I don't know how i didn't shutter because i feel nervous for the first time in my life and only this woman can make me or break me.

I haven't known him for long i still see him always confident in everything he does and now here we are witnessing him nervous and on his knee looking at me with hope...how can i not want this man who is perfect in every way. Yes i say nodding my head smiling Yes i'll marry you Sliding the ring he kiss my hand hugging me as everyone cheers. He kiss my temple smiling at me....but guess he doesn't know i also have a ring for him. My mother comes and hand me the ring. I look at him taking his hand and slide the ring i kiss his ring finger...i look up only to see him shocked and surprised...guess he never expected that i will put an engagement ring on him..well i am territorial and i want everyone to know he is mine.. specially the ogling women. I stand on my tip toe and kiss him on the lips......the kiss turns passionate within seconds...i pull away flushed when some of our friends wolf whistle and cheer for us. I wrap my arms around his torso and hug him hiding my face on his chest when our family and friends comes to congratulate us.

Just before the dinner my father and Emiliano's father comes to inform us about the press address that now is the right time and we can skip off questions in excuse of dinner if things goes out of hand. I didn't know what to feel about the press address but i see it is necessary as the Berlusconi are and have been media's favourite family here in Italy. With my parents and his parents we quietly were led to another room with alot of men and women dressed in black. The flash of cameras are almost blinding...i can feel how much they all want a piece of this story to sell... questions after questions are asked which we reply whatever ones we feel is worth. The discussion of merging of our companies are also questioned which my father and Luciano simply reply with Maybe shutting everyone off.
I was exhausted after the dinner i don't even remember when i slept in the limo while heading home from the venue. I felt myself being carried as i snuggle to a familiar smell and warm chest.

I can see how exhausted she is...she even fell asleep in my arms while heading home...i carried her upstairs as she snuggles more into my chest making me smile..i kiss into her hair reminding myself that she is now engaged to me and soon she will become Mrs Berlusconi...my whole body warms to the thought...i never felt like this ever and i love this feeling. She doesn't know she completes me like a missing puzzle piece placed back creating a complete painting so beautiful that one can only wish for such. After cleaning her make up off and dressing her with one of my t-shirt...i tuck her to bed and head off to talk to my now family waiting for me in my father's office. I knock on the door and enter..seeing my parents and her parents are already there with their drinks...i sat down on one of the single leather couch..my father hands me my drink....now its time for some very serious discussion i know Gabrielle's parents want.

First of all...i want you all to know that i really love Gabrielle and she is the only woman for me...i will make sure her happiness is the first and foremost for me..i promise to always take care of her and love her till my last breath. I address my Father in law with confidence.

I don't doubt that but hurt a single hair on her and you will know mafia or not you will see the warth of my family son i see he is serious and i have more respect for him...he loves his daughter.. i would be too...i can't wait for the day Gabrielle will bless me with a beautiful daughter just like her.

As she is our only daughter and everything we have is her's..i think merging our business is not a bad idea...we already were thinking about retiring early and i am sure you both can handle everything side by side Harriett my mother in law addresses as she pats me on my back...she takes my hand in hers squeezing to assure she trusts me I trust you son and i know you will take good care of our daughter...from today she is your responsibility and you promise me you will be loyal and honest to her and you will always respect her.

Mother in law... I tease her earning me a beautiful smile you don't have to tell me twice..she will be my priority and i will always be loyal to her, respect her and love her with everything that i am. I assure her giving her hand a light squeeze

Maybe tomorrow you should also discuss merging the companies with Gabrielle...we have to leave tomorrow as i have a very important meeting around 3pm and i believe my princess still wants to enjoy her holiday...young man i am sure you would want to spend more time with her before she comes back for my retirement and take over the business. Fuck! How will i survive without her ...i can't imagine a day without her now. Fuck this is so fucked up.

Don't worry son...this shall be your's and her test for each other and they burst laughing at me...i feel as if something is missing out of me already...and here they seem to enjoy my pathetic state.

Thank you for those who recently added this book to their reading list. 🙏