42

*PARIKSHA*

The environment of the room was fully tensed but neither Anirudh nor Trilochan speak anything. Trilochan just looks at Anirudh taking in his word, thinking whether he heard correct or wrong. "Kya?...kya kaha tumne?."
Anirudh knew very well that it's going to be difficult for him to accept. "Kaka Neeya ka kal pravesh pariksha hai...daakhile ke lie...Presidency University mai."
Trilochan looks on, like waiting to hear that this is all joke.
"Dimaag to shi h tumhara!?...Bahu bahar jaegi? Padhne?" His tone gets louder and angrier.
"Ha Kaka..to usme galat kya h-" "-galat hi h sab! Arey ghar ki bahu betiya agar bahar jake padhne lage to kya ijjat reh jaegi samaaj mai humari?-" "-Kaka...aurto ke bahar jake kaam karne, paise kamane se kaise ijjat kam hoti h? Kya aurto ki ijjat ghar par hi rehne se hai? Hum bhi to jate h na bahar...to aurte q nhi? Q wo nhi padh skti, kama skti? Itna bhedbhav q Kaka?" "Qki padhna, bahar jake kamana ye admiyo ka kaam h, unka kartavya h! Aurto ka nhi. Aurto ka kaam ghar sambhalana h. Hume koi baat nhi sun ni, humne keh dia bahu kal pariksha dene nhi jaegi to bas!."
"Aap aise nhi mana kar skte kaka. Humara sapna h ye aur ussey jyada ye uske baba ki akhiri tamanna thi. Agar ab wo use poori nhi kregi to accha lagega kya?" "Hum nhi jante ki kya sapna h."
Trilochan moves closer to Anirudh and hisses out angrily the sentence from his mouth eyeing him. "Hum bas ye jante h Anirudh ki Neeya is ghar ki bahu h aur wo pariksha nhi degi to bas!"

Before Anirudh could say anything, Trilochan moves out of the room only to find Neeya standing there with her teary eyes. Trilochan looks at her for awhile and then goes from there.
Every word that comes out of Trilochan is like father's word for Neeya and she thought that he will understand, but not having him with her, it was making her heart ace.

Anirudh also comes out only to find Neeya standing there, lost in thought. He knew how much she gets effected but he has to motivate her somehow. He holds her hand and move to their room.

Neeya didn't sleep well whole night as she was fully concentrated on her studies but also tensed regarding her Kaka ji which was easily sensed by Anirudh. So he stayed up whole night helping her with her preparation, asking her questions, making her ready for.mext day.

Next day, as she opens her eyes, she finds herself sitting in her study table with her books opened and a blanket around her. As she moves, she feels a weight on her thighs. She looks at it to see Anirudh's hand on her lap and Anirudh sitting beside her with his head on table, sleeping peacefully.  She smiles looking at him. She just feels so loved, so supportive only to see him beside her, always, no matter what. It's him who gives her strength and confident to do what she wants to. She can totally feel her Baba's aura in him and she is always thankful to her durga ma for him and every moment, everything.
She sighs and then looks at her husband thoroughly.
That innocent face, with childish aura, cute smile, and messed hair. He was looking so innocent and childish that made Neeya flatter. She carefully takes his hand and rest it on the table and caresses his head kissing it lightly and then goes to get fresh and ready.

After getting ready, she moves to the mandir does arti, takes blessing and then cooks breakfast. She make adarak elaichi wali chai and goes to Trilochan's room.
"Kaka ji?" She calls to him from the door but there was no answer. She knew he was still angry with her and she can't go without taking his blessings and permission. She walks in to find him sitting at his chair with his eyes closed and the anger and sadness was still visible on his face.
She keeps the tray on a side table and then kneels down beside him holding his leg. "Kaka ji. Mai janti hu aap mujhse gussa hai, naraz hai. Lekin kaka...aaj mai peeche nhi hat skti...apne baba ko, apne pati ko dia hua vada mai poora karna chahti hu.
.aur mujhe yakeen h aap jarur samjhenge.... Apse badhkar mere lie kuch nhi h....apke.ashirad ke bina mere lie ye mushkil hai...... kaka ji.....mere baba ki humesha se yhi sapna tha ki mai padhu...kuch banu....logo ko ye sabit kar pau ki aurat aur admi ek hi h. Ki ladkiya bhi ghar sambhalne ke alawa aur kaam kar skti h...udh skti h....kaka..hum ladkiyo ki bhi khwahishe hoti h, pankh hote h, par unhe kholne se pehle hi kaat die jate h...ummeed hai aap.samjhenge..." Neeya wipes her tears away and goes from there.