47

Burning Tulsipur

"Saurabh?" Anirudh looks confusingly at the figure approaching them in the midnight. Neeya too stands up as Saurabh approaches them. 

"Saurabh? tum yaha, itni raat ko yaha? sab theek hai na?" Anirudh ask, but Saurabh doesnt answer which makes both of them worry. 

There was sad, broken look on his face, like someone has snatched his valuable thing from him. He was lost. Anirudh walks to him and squeezes his shoulder to bring him out of his thoughts. And at that time, both of them can see the hurt, the tears in his eyes. 

"Saurabh? Kya hua?" Now Anirudh was more scared. He always considered Saurabh not only as his best friend, but a true brother, whom he can trust, rely on blindly. 

"Baba.....baba ne......baba ne Bade Malik ke saare paise Kamal ko die the...."

Anirudh and Neeya looks on like someone has punched them very hardly. Those words from Saurab's mouth were ringing in their eyes.

"Kya!?" Anirudh ask not able to believe. "Ye tum kya keh rhe ho Saurabh?" Anirudh ask confusingly. Saurabh inhales deeply calming himself and starts speaking,"Aaj maine Baba ko Kamal ke admi se baat karte hue suna ki unhone jo kia hai, uske lie mooh band krne ke lie rakam milti rhegi lekin agar kisi se kuch bola to,..sabko maar dalenge. Is baat se mai darr gaya aur,....maine kisi trh baba ko manaya aur phir unhone bataya ki Kamal ne unhe majboor kia tha bandook ke nok pe ki jo paise Bade Malik ne kisht ke lie gaon wale se ikattha kia hai, wo sab unhe dede.....aur unhone....unhone...-" Anirudh cuts him off by pulling him in brotherly hug.

Neeya covers her mouth trying to stop herself from crying.

Both Anirudh and Neeya werent able to believe, but more than that Anirudh was scared that just because of him and family, Munshi has to go through all those stuff and to see his family on gunpoint.

"Anirudh babu, ab nhi.... ab hume ye sab rokna hoga...Kamal ko rokna hoga. Wo logo ki jindgi barbaad karne mai tula hua hai. Apna gussa, apna badla poore gaon walo pe nikal rha hai." Saurabh says in a pleading way and Anirudh nods.

Neeya walks to him and give him soft smile,"Durga Ma hai humare sath. Hum milkar rokenge Kamal ko." and she holds her had out.
Anirudh keeps his hand on hers and then Saurabh. There was determination in their eyes, their heart to end the evilness, to stop Kamal.

Next Morning..

Everyone was up and having their food when a loud screams and hustle took everyone's attention.
Neeya and Anirudh looks at each other, scared as  it's the day, the day of collecting tax, means the day of terror...

The screams only got louder and the worst thing they ever wanted to hear, gunshots.

Anirudh stands up and goes for the door when Neeya stops him,"mai bhi chalungi aapke sath-" "-Nhi!" He snaps turning to her. "Tum khi nhi jaogi. Yhi rho." Before Anirudh can go Neeya holds his hand,"nhi Anirudh Ji. Mai apko waha akele nhi jane dungi chahe kuch bhi ho. Patni hu mai apki, apko aag mai jane du aur khud yaha baithu.....nhi....ya to aap mujhe leke chaliye nhi to mai apko nhi jane dungi." There was warning and strictness in her voice.
Anirudh looks in her eyes searching for something.
"sath nibhane ka vachan dia h na...to wo vachan to mat todhne dijie na..."
Anirudh smiles lightly and nods and both leaves telling others to stay home and locked.

As Neeya and Anirudh was walking around, what they saw shattered their heart. Some of the houses were burn down and people were crying badly looking at it.

Even few people were shot and their families were broken.
Neeya stopped walking and felt her heart wretched and tears flow down her cheek.
'agar baba hote to wo ye sab kabhi nhi seh paate....'
She keeps looking at the people crying and she was feeling like someone has taken out heart from her body.

Their crying, their scream, the pain, the pain of losing their loved ones, their family, was like blade cutting every inch of the soul.

That's when a woman notices them and quickly walks to Neeya and hold her roughly by her shoulder,"ye...ye sab to tumhare kaka ne kia h na....tum logo ne humara paisa khaya h na...to....to saza hume q mil rahi!?...." She screams loudly at her holding her tightly making her wince in pain. Tears bream out of her eyes.
Neeya can see the pain, the anger, the fury, the fire, the hatred whatever you say, in her eyes, in everyone's eye and it was worst feeling than dying.

"Arey galti kisi aur ki bhugte hum!?....Dekho yaha..... Dekho apne charo trf...ek hasta khelta gaon khoon aur ansuo ka gaon ban gaya.......mera....mera....mera mard ko maar dia....."  Saying this the lady trembles down holding her head and crying.
"Meri beti ko le gae utha ke......sab khattam ho gaya....sab barbaad ho gaya....."
Anirudh was looking at all of this and it was not possible to describe what he is feeling.

Neeya closes her eyes letting the tears flow. She tries to stop the pain in her throat and tears by gulping but it was only giving her more pain.

Anirudh walks to Neeya who was standing there lost, broken. He walks to her and circles his arm around her shoulder and takes her away with him.
'Ye sab meri wjh se ho rha hai...sab meri wjh se....humari wjh se....'
Anirudh's heart, mind soul, everything was just screaming at him telling him that he is at faultl.

As they were walking, they can see the stable, the shop, totally broken. The things at the shop were destroyed, one or two house were on fire, all in one, the gaon was a mess...

As they reached to the centre of the village, from where the voice was coming louder, what they saw, took their breathe away. It was like everything stopped and someone has just push them into a deep well and they were falling and falling, deep down, in the embrace of pain..

Few farmers were hanged by their hands and the Kamal's goon were beating all the anger, evilness out of themselves.

Each person there was crying out the tears of blood. Kamal was standing there enjoying the view and laughing.

Anirudh couldn't stop himself any more and walks toward where the farmers and few people were hanged up. In a moment, he snatched the stick from a goon who was enjoying the view and hit one of man who was exploiting and torturing them.
"Anirudh ji!" Neeya and others looks on.

Anirudh quickly push others away and stands infront of them like a shield.
The goons move toward him with their weapons when Kamal stops them.

"Dushmani humse thi, to inko kyu tadpa rahe ho?"

Kamal moves close to Anirudh and speaks in low voice so only he can hear,"kyuki inki tadap mai tumhara dard hai....Aur tum sabko dard mai dekhna mera maksad mera sukoon hai.." Kamal smirks at him making Anirudh more angry.
"Dekho bhaiyo behno. Jisne sabko is musibat mai dala wo khud aaya h rokne..hahaa...pehle paise chori karke bhaag gae aur ab acchai ka dhong karne aagae." Kamal speaks in high voice.

"Dhong? Mai batata hu kisne dhong kia. Kar ka sara paisa churaya Apne Kaka ne nhi!" Anirudh snaps at him making everyone looks on shocked.

"Bataie sabko Kamal Rajvanshi. Saare paise kaha gae? Kaun h wo jisne Munshi se keh ke saare paise-" before Anirudh can speak any further, Kamal signals his men who takes out their gun and fires in the sky making everyone rush around in panic. In this, Neeya is pushed to the side along with crowd and Anirudh tries to free the farmers and other victims.

Neeya calls out to Anirudh in attempt to move toward him but failed due to the crowd. The fear in her heart rises of losing him and of happening something bad.

"Anirudh ji...."

The firing stops and slowly, the number of people decreases. As the path get cleared, Neeya looks around in panic. Her eyes go wide and teary.
She runs here and there, her eyes searching for something but she filed to find.
She kneels down crying and screaming,"ANIRUDH JI!!"
.
.
.
.
.
.
_______________________________________
.
.
.
.
.
I don't know how this is, but I hope you will love it 1%.
Please vote and leave your precious comments which will inspire me to write and write and write!

Well, get ready for some action!!!!💥