46

Zulm

Few days have been passed and somehow everyone was trying to get settle in house. It wasn't easy for everyone. Spending the whole day was tough and the night were more tough.
Trilochan was beyond broken and shattered. And everyone knew he is going through a very tough time.

The family that were habitual of rich living, were now living like a poor ofcrse except Neeya.
Trilochan and others were not habitual to sleep on floor, but Neeya did everything possible to make the place to sleep comfortable by adding more and more cloth, jutebags.
She somehow managed to make soil chulha of mitti with help of her mother.
The cloth weren't enough for them so Neeya got her Father's old clothes for Trilochan and Binoy and also Munshi ji lend them some, while Saurabh lend few to Anirudh, Batuk and Somnath.
Neeya already had few at home.
Things weren't easy. The source of light were only sunlight in day and candle and lantern in night.
They weren't habitual but they didn't have any choice. No?

The atmosphere of the house was silent and heavy with sorrow and tension.

But everything was different in the whole village too. Everything was changed.....

Shampoorna, Saurabh and her Ma helped them with food and other supplies but it makes Neeya feel helpless. She didn't want to depend on anyone else, whether it's someone close to her. She somehow convinced them that she will manage and there's no need to spend money on them. But will she manage?

Anirudh, Binoy, everyone was at home whole day not knowing what to do. They were sitting at the big room of house together with Trilochan talking about some stuff just to make him feel better, but the air in the room was thick of tension and sadnesss.

Neeya was in different room, looking at her hand in which was the gullak she kept since her childhood. She always saved this money so she could spend it on her studies and not push burden on someone else for it.
She sighs, and breaks it into pieces. The coins split all over the floor.
She looked at them with her teary eyes.
"Samay hume kaha se kaha ke aaya... Aaj humare paas khane tak ke paise nhi hai....kaise?...kaise chalega sab kharch? Kaka ki dawai....Batuk aur Som ka vidyala....kaise hoga sab?..." She mumbles under her breathe snuggling.
Inhaling deeply, she wipes her tears away and starts collecting all the coins and keeping it in a pouch.

Anirudh, who was standing out of the room was watching all this, and when he saw her breaking her gullak, it broke his heart too. He promised himself that he will give all the happiness to his wife and family, but today, he is so helpless that he can't and wasn't able to do anything even if he wanted to...
He looks at his wife wiping her tears away and muffling making his heart ace.
He closes his eyes and all those sad faces comes in front of his eyes, his kaka, baba, wife, everyone.
He sighs...

Before Neeya walks out of room while Anirudh walks out of house quietly.

Anirudh's heart was throbbing, it was like completely shattered into pieces and now he just want to do something, doesn't matter what, but something to help his family out of this mess. Neeya kept telling him that they are okay with ration and other necessities but he knows that they are not.

"Anirudh babu?" A voice stopped him on his track. He turned around to the voice to find Saurabh looking at him confused. There was worry written all over his face. "Saurabh!?"

Saurabh walks to the man in kurta and dhoti looking not so good,"Anirudh babu, aap theek to hai?"
Anirudh looks at him for more than a moment which makes Saurabh more scared.
"Sab theek hai na Anirudh babu? Koi baat hai?" There was concern in his voice.
He don't know what came over him and he hugs Saurabh taking him by surprise.
Maybe it was the emotions that burst out of Anirudh which he wasn't able to keep inside of him for long.
Saurabh smiles and hugs him back. But the most strange thing was that he was crying? Anirudh was crying..