>•°•07•°•<

Sati

The scene in front of their eyes was so heartbreaking for Neeya. On one side, is her Baba who sacrificed his life for the sake of society, village nd her nd on the other side, was her Ma who is lying there beside her huband for sati.

Neeya was so broken but she has to control herself. She has to save her Ma. Tears falls of her eyes. She was lost when she felt a squeeze on her shoulder. When she turn, she saw the pair of eyes with concern but behind those, it was burning of anger nd hatred. His face seems to be tired, nd sad!? Sweat dripping off his head. Kaun h ye? Aur q madad kr rhe h meri? He lightly smiled at her trying to calm her down nd if i say she isnt feeling calm, I would be wrong. His eyes, his touch makes her feel something different. She ignored it. Its not the time. But deep inside, her heart was full of hate nd anger for the people of the village, for their mentality nd for Ma.

Neeya nods her head lightly nd walked forward when they saw a man taking round of the funeral pyre nd the fire was ready to burn Baba. Pandit ji is chanting his mantra.

"MAAAAAAA......" she shouts. Everyone turns to them nd looks on at the two person standing there.

She wasnt able to move. Seeing her Baba nd Ma in this condition, on the funeral pyre wouldnt be easy for any child. Her lips were trembling nd she was sobbing.
Anirudh moves forward to the man who was taking round nd snatches the pot of water from him nd throws it away. "YE KYA KAR RHE H AAP LOG?" He shouts on all of them when Neeya calms herself down nd runs to her Ma. She shakes her, but she doesnt respond.
She checks her. "Ma?.....Maaa...? Ma uthoo.. Maaa....Paani.."

Anirudh runs to her wid another pot of water in his hand nd sprinkles few drops of water on her face. Neeya shakes her.

On the other side, the people look at each other in fear, like they were scared of being caught.

"Ma..?" Ma still doesnt respond. Anirudh turns around to the people nd shouts again in anger,"KYA KIA H INKE SATH?" No answer. He gets frustrate nd again shouts on them showing his finger,"AGAR KUCH HUA NA INHE...TO MUJHSE BOORA KOI NHI HOGA!" He turns to Neeya helping her to wake Ma up.

Nd there, pandit ji signals his man something, nd he picks a stick nd attacks on Anirudh's back making him fall down. Neeya gasp nd stands to go to him when another man comes nd push her wid the stick making her fall beside Anirudh.
He rolls around nd gets more angry seeing Neeya on the ground holding her head.

He sees a man ready to attack them when he quickly holds it wid his hand nd push him away wid his leg. He stands quickly when 2 more man comes wid the stick in their hand ready to attack both but Anirudh holds the stick nd kicks one of them making him fall nd snatching his stick nd attacking the other one wid the stick. More people starts coming for them. Anirudh tries to stop them nd gets into a fight.

Here Anirudh is fighting with the people nd there Neeya was still sitting on the ground looking at him worried.
"Ma.." she turns around nd sees pandit ji performing ritual nd a man dropping the pot making it fall nd break into the pieces. Neeya looks on scared.

The sound of breaking of pot brings Anirudh's attention to it. He was now more angry. He want to stop this.
Neeya stood up struggling as her leg was hurt nd walks slowly towards them. They see Pandit ji giving a firestick to his man.

Anirudh push the people away nd starts running to the pyre,where the rituals are performed followed by Neeya walking somehow wid her injured leg.

Before that man can fire the pyre, Anirudh holds the firestick making pandit nd everyone else shock. Neeya reach to him nd smiles looking at her savior. Anirudh takes the firestick away nd push the man away. Neeya turns to her Ma nd hugs her crying.