𝟒𝟓 ~ PERFECT BOYFRIEND

˱ 𓈒 𓈊 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈉 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈊 𓈒 ˲

~ (y/n) POV

- a week later -

With exams coming up and the spring inter-high prelims just around the corner, my day-to-day life has become the routine of a normal teenager-- I wake up, go to school, then volleyball practice and when I get back I end up spending most of the evening studying. Oikawa pretty much does the same as me; he does end up putting a bit more time into volleyball though. I often go into his room and find him rewatching old volleyball games and taking notes on the players-- Ushiwaka from Shiratorizawa in particular.

Today was no different, I was sitting in class tapping my pen on the desk, waiting for the class to finish. After what felt like forever I heard the bell ring indicating the end of the day, I stood up from my desk and got my coat and bag and headed for the door so I could head down to the gym for practice like usual, but when I exited the classroom I was met with Kiyoko waiting; leaning against the wall, "Hi (y/n)," Kiyoko said moving to stand opposite me.

"Hi Kiyoko, is there something you need?" I ask awkwardly, I was was a bit confused on why she came to talk to me.

"I just wanted to let you know that practice is cancelled today, they are setting up the gym for the parent-teacher conference that's happening over the next few days," she replied.

"There's a parent-teacher conference this week?" I ask, surprised, I hadn't talked to my parents in a while so I wasn't aware about this.

"Yeah, there is, your parents should have got a letter about it." she nodded.

"Thanks for letting me know Kiyoko, I'll see you around." I say with a smile.

"Yeah I'll see you around." she says smiling back, before walking off. Things between Kiyoko and I are still pretty awkward, we are on speaking terms but there is a part of me that keeps distancing myself from her. I don't hate her, not even one bit-- she's done so much for me I could never hate her, there is just a voice in my head that tells me she's going to lie to me, don't get close to her, you'll just end up hurt. So I just push her away.

I walk down the stairs and out of the school, Oikawa has volleyball practice today so I can get a bus back to his apartment, the only issue is that I don't have a key to get in. I stood outside the gates pondering what the best thing to do was; I decided I was going to walk to Aoba Johsai to get the key and take the bus back home.

. . .

It didn't take me long to walk to Aoba Johai and when I arrived outside the gates I took a deep breathe before entering, this brings back so many memories-- mostly good, though some not so much. I ended up with no friends at Aoba johsai, I came into first year being friends with Oikawa and having Hajime as my brother, everyone did wanted to be my friend and especially the girls and it was good until I would hear them talking about me when I wasn't there, using me just to get closer to Oikawa. Thats when I decided to stick around with my brother and the volleyball club, I would come into school being called every name in the book; it only got worse when I started to date Oikawa.

I walk inside the familiar building and I start looking through the crowds of people to find Oikawa, he wouldn't be in the gym yet because practice for them doesn't start straight after class, I walk down a hallway and as I approach the end, I hear what sound like the distinctive voice of Oikawa.

I turn the corner to see him standing opposite some girl underneath the stairs, I immediately reverse back around the corner-- standing with my back against the wall. No, please don't tell me it's just like before.

*flashback to last year*

"Hajime, you ready to go!" I shout from the front door as I was putting on my shoes to head to school.

"Yeah I'm almost ready," he says, walking down the stairs.

It was seven in the morning, Hajime and I were walking to school for morning volleyball practice at seven-thirty, "It's only seven-fifteen, we got here pretty early," I say as we arrive at school.

"I need to get my knee pads from the clubroom, can you go to the gym and put up the net, I'll only be a minute?" Hajime asked.

"Yeah of course," I reply with a smile, before we head in our separate directions. When I get to the gym I slowly walk over to the storage closet-- to get the net, and push the door open slightly, just before quickly shutting it again, from seeing the sight of what looked like Oikawa making out with another girl in the dimmed room.

Just pretend you didn't see, I'm sure it's someone else, he would never do that to you, I turn around and begin to walk away, then Hajime walks into the gym, "(y/n), I thought you were going to put up the net?" he asks, walking over to me.

"Uh, the room it's locked." I lie, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Are you sure, it's never locked, I can double check." he replies, walking over.

"No I'm sure, can you come with me to get water," I say, quickly grabbing his hand and dragging him out of the gym.

After a while I just got use to pushing those memories to the back of my mind, he's still Oikawa Toru-- the perfect boyfriend.

˱ 𓈒 𓈊 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈉 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈊 𓈒 ˲

My Oikawa pushie arrived but he has black hair instead of brown 💀
~ Phoebe <3
(that's my name btw, I just never put it cause I don't like it lol

© Sunsatori2021