𝟒𝟗 ~ PATHETIC

˱ 𓈒 𓈊 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈉 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈊 𓈒 ˲

(extra warning for physical/verbal abuse, pls don't read on if you find that upsetting or triggering)

~ (y/n) POV

Once we reached his car Oikawa opened the door for me before heading around to the other side to get in the driver's seat, I hesitated for a split second before getting in the car, closing the door behind me.

"My apartment felt so empty without you," he said, starting the engine and reversing out of the parking spot.

"Yeah, it was strange being back home if I'm being honest," I say, with a small smile.

"You should just move in with me at this point," Oikawa says, stopping the car at a light and turning to face me.

I raise my eyebrows at the comment he just made, "umm...we finish school in a few months so I want to stay at my home more because I won't get to see Hajime as much after we graduate."

The lights turned green and Oikawa turned his head back to face the road, tightening his grip around the gear stick and squinting his eyes slightly, "so I'm guessing you and Iwa sorted things out then."

"Yeah we did, I apologized to him," I reply to him.

"I see," Oikawa hums, leaning back in the car seat, "I guess that has something to do with why he beat me up."

"Well that was between the two of you, so I don't know," I shrug.

Oikawa nods though seems unconvinced before turning onto the street that has his apartment block on it. He parks the car and we both get out and I follow him into the elevator, trying to shake off my nerves about confronting him. There is nothing to worry about, I just need to hear him out-- I'm sure he has a good reason for lying to me, or he better.

As soon as Oikawa opened the door he wrapped his hands around my waist, resting them on my lower back and pulling me against him, "I missed you baby," he whispers, his lips near my ear-- as I feel his warm breath grazing my skin.

I move my face away and gently pushed his hands away, "Can I talk to you first?" I ask with a serious expression, though Oikawa's kept his smile as he stepped backward and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Oh yeah I forgot sorry, what do you need to talk about?"

I glanced down at the floor for a moment before looking back up making eye contact with Oikawa, "When you went to get my stuff a couple of weeks back, you told me that Hajime said he didn't want me to come home-- but yesterday Hajime told me that he never said that."

"And..." Oikawa shrugged with a smile, playing it off.

"What do you mean and-- I want to know why you lied," I say bluntly, resting my hand on my hip.

Oikawa lets out a laugh, raising his eyebrows, "Lied," he says sounding surprised before his smile quickly drops, "I didn't fucking lie, don't accuse me of that."

I was immediately taken back by his change in tone, "Hey calm down, I just want to know the reason Toru-- Hajime wouldn't lie-"

"So you believe him over me," he snaps, stepping closer.

"Yeah I do actually, he's my brother for fuck sake, plus it's not like you haven't lied to me in the past," I say matching his tone, I don't know why he's getting so defencive.

"(y/n) stop, the only reason you're causing this fight is because you have trust issues and think I'm lying, when I'm not," he replies bluntly, shaking his head.

"Really? and I wonder who gave me those trust issues huh," I say giving him a fake smile.

"What the fuck are you talking about, you can't blame me for your problems," he says rolling his eyes.

"Okay sure-- but first tell me how many girls you slept with last year whilst we were dating," Oikawa didn't say anything, just looked at the floor, "you are just proving my point, it took me so long to finally let myself be in another relationship but my stupid fucking brain jumped to same concluction with Suga as when I caught you cheating on me, but I now see that you and Suga are complete opposites,"

Oikawa looked back up and made eye contact with me-- his brown eyes holding a dark film over them, he forcefully gripped my chin between his thumb and index finger, "Shut up right now you bitch,"

I slap his hand away from me and turn to leave, "I'm going home, I just wanted to talk to you and I'm not gonna just stand here and let you insult me," I sigh, tears brimming in the corners of my eyes-- why is he acting this way?

"(y/n) don't you dare walk away from me," he shouts grabbing my wrist to stop me from leaving; gripping it hard enough to leave a mark, though I think he was past caring.

"Ow Toru that hurts," I say, using my full strength to pull my wrist away-- the impact causing me to lose my balance and fall over, sitting with my back against the wall.

Oikawa crouches down next to me tracing his fingers gently over my neck, "Are you forgetting that you didn't pick Suga, you picked me." he chuckled before pressing his fingertips into my skin, "Remember I'm the one you came running back too, even if you leave...someone else will hurt you and you'll just come back again."

I couldn't get any words out, I just closed my eyes and lets the tears run down my cheeks, the confidence I had before left me, I had deeply resented Oikawa in past-- but this was the first time I'd ever felt scared around him.

He noticed me crying and took his hand away before quickly standing up straight, "pathetic," he said under his breath before walking into the bathroom and slamming the door shut behind himself-- leaving me alone on the floor.

˱ 𓈒 𓈊 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈉 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈊 𓈒 ˲

I was listening to 'love the way you lie' whilst writing this :(
~ Sunsatori <3

© Sunsatori2021