𝟒𝟕 ~ HEARTACHE

˱ 𓈒 𓈊 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈉 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈊 𓈒 ˲

~ (y/n) POV

After seeing my brother at Aoba Johsai I wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible, I did want to catch up with Hanamaki and Matsukawa but seeing as Hajime told me not to come back home-- I'm not looking to start a fight with him right now so I ignored him. I took the keys from Oikawa and said goodbye to the other two third years before quickly leaving the school to catch a bus back to Oikawa's apartment.

. . .

When I arrive, I changed out of my school uniform and sat down on the sofa to finally relax-- though I didn't get long as my phone started ringing and to my surprise, it was my mother. "Hi mom," I say nervously, after accepting the call.

"Oh nice hearing from you (y/n)." she replied-- I could tell how mad she was already, "I just got back home right now from California to your brother telling me that you had run away, care to explain."

"Well, Hajime and I got in a fight so I'm currently staying with Toru," I reply.

"With Toru? The last time I called you were going out with a boy at your new school," she asked, surprised.

"Well I managed to make up with Toru," I replied nervously.

"Really! I'm glad," she replied happily. My mother and Toru's mother have been close friends we were all very young, and what happened between Toru and me-- definitely made things awkward. "We've got to go to your school this evening to meet with your teachers so can you make it home soon."

"But mom what about Hajime," I say, not wanting to stay if my brother would be there.

"(y/n) he's your brother, you can't stay mad at him forever-- you are being petty." she sighed, "You're coming home and I'm not hearing any more excuses.

Before I could reply, she hung up the phone, my mother is the most stubborn woman I know-- which isn't a great match with Hajime and I being the same. As much as I am mad at Hajime, seeing my mom is more important-- we only get to see her when she comes home or if we take a plane to California, which we often do in summer. We both love it there, I still remember Hajime telling me he was going to live there when he was older.

I went through into Oikawa's room and packed up some of my things into my bag before heading back through to write a note for Oikawa when he's back from volleyball practice. I put on my shoes and grabbed my coat before leaving the apartment, sliding the keys under the doormat.

. . .

After walking the short walk to my house, I walked up the familiar path that I hadn't walked up in quite a few weeks; it felt strange. I got my key out of the bottom of my bag and opened the door, "Mom, are you in?" I said loudly, taking my coat and shoes off.

"(y/n), hey I missed you." she smiled, pulling me into a hug.

"I missed you to mom," I say returning her hug, I haven't seen her in ages.

"Can you help make dinner?" she asked whilst walking into the kitchen.

"Yeah of course," I reply, following after her into the kitchen.

After about thirty minutes or so, I heard the front door being opened and Hajime walked in from volleyball practice, he walked casually into the kitchen only to stop suddenly in his tracks seeing me standing leaning on the counter.

I turn back around and continue cooking dinner while he just silently goes to sits down at the table.

. . .

Mom, Hajime, and I all sat in silence as we ate dinner-- Hajime not even bothering to look up from his food, "Come on guys, just makeup with each other." mom says, splitting the previous atmosphere, we both turn to look at her. "(y/n) why don't you just be the bigger person and apologize,"

"You want me to apologize, I wasn't the one who told their own sister that she was selfish and not to come back home." I snap at her, causing Hajime to raise his eyebrows at me.

"I never said any of that," he says sincerely, shaking his head.

"That's what Oikawa told me you said when he came around to get my stuff," I reply confused.

Hajime's mouthparts slightly and his eyes widen, "(y/n) I never said any of that, he lied to you."

"He wouldn't lie to me though," I replied, avoiding eye contact with him-- the fact is the more I think about it I'm not sure.

~ Hajime's POV

"I'm sorry," I say, quickly getting up and leaving the table, quickly going up to my room, slamming the door behind me, I felt so angry, I needed to leave so I could think. I lay back on my bed with my hands behind my head, I've always tried to keep my friendship with Oikawa separate from my sister-- I've never taken sides or got involved with their relationship.

But now that Oikawa has told her lies to make her hate me, just so she would stay with him. I can't just sit back and watch her get hurt.

*time skip to the next day*

~ (y/n) POV

Seeing the way Hajime react the way he did last night I knew that he was telling the truth, which led me to spend the whole day at school thinking about Oikawa. I was sitting on a bench at the side of the gym while the team plays three vs three matches zoning out in my thoughts-- why would he lie to me? does he not love me? does he have a reason? no, it doesn't matter if he does-- he shouldn't lie to me. Why would he want to hate Hajime? I just don't understand.

My breathing was slightly unsteady as a few tears pricked in the corners of my eyes,"(y/n) are you okay?" Suga said jogging over to me, sitting down next to me on the bench, "Here have some water."

I took ahold of his water bottle and took a sip, "Thanks Suga," I smiled, wiping my eyes with my sleeve.

"it's no problem (y/n), I don't know what's going on-- but please don't stress yourself out like that," he said, his concerned expression turning into a reassuring smile. I felt my heartache, some part of me wanted to reach out and hug him, though I know I can't.

He was about to say something when we were interrupted by my phone ringing, "Sorry Suga, can I take this." I say standing up quickly and going over to an excluded area of the gym. I look at the caller ID and see that it's Matsukawa, that's strange I wonder what he needs. "Matsukawa is everything okay?"

"(y/n), your brother's fighting Oikawa!"

˱ 𓈒 𓈊 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈉 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈊 𓈒 ˲

Sorry for such a late update, my life is chaotic at the moment
~ Sunsatori <3

© Sunsatori2021