𝟓𝟏 ~ KARMA

˱ 𓈒 𓈊 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈉 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈊 𓈒 ˲

~ (y/n) POV

I stared at the notification for a moment before unlocking my phone, clicking on Oikawa's contact to block it. I need to let myself breathe, I know communicating to him right now would not be great seeing as I still haven't decided what I want to do.

I felt like an idiot.

I've known Oikawa since we were kids and even before I developed a crush on him there were so many things I loved about him, he had quite a lot of friends in elementary school because of his outgoing personality, but he still always chose to sit with me, and when his classmates asked him why he hung out with me he would always back me up and tell them I was cool. I told him it was embarrassing though it made me smile on the inside.

I also remember when Hajime and Oikawa both became obsessed with volleyball, it was all they would talk about. After school we would either be watching volleyball on tv or playing it in the garden, they tried to include me even though I wasn't very good so I would just throw the balls for them.

- flashback to the first day of middle school -

"come on (y/n) stop being slow!" Oikawa whined, grabbing my hand and pulling me along with him into the building-- Kitagawa First middle school.

"Toru why are you in such a hurry the sign-up sheet isn't gonna disappear," I say whilst stopping in the middle of the halls, causing Oikawa to stop also-- seeing as he was still holding my hand.

"Sorry I'm just excited to be on a proper volleyball team," he replies with a wide smile on his face.

"It's okay I get why you're excited, but we do need to wait for Hajime seeing as you ran and dragged me along with you," I laughed shaking my head.

Oikawa glanced around looking a bit confused, "I thought Iwa would keep up with us,"

Just then the absent Iwaizumi twin strolled around the corner with his hands in his pockets looking tired, walking to stand next to Oikawa before kicking him in the shin, "Oikawa you dumbass, it's too early to be running around."

Oikawa grabbed his leg in pain and let out a gasp, "ow Iwa that hurt and don't call me a dumbass," he said giving the other 12 year old boy a death glare.

Hajime just rolled his eyes in response, "I'll call you whatever I want to,"

Oikawa was just about to respond when I moved forwards to stand between them, crossing my arms over my chest, "the less time we spend standing here arguing the quicker we will get to the volleyball sign-up sheet." I say, alternating my gaze between the two of them.

They both don't say anything, instead just nod in agreement with me and all three of us continue walking down the hall next to each other, "Toru, you still want to be a setter right?" I asked.

"Yes of course, the setter is the most important position on the team!" he smiled, "so if I'm the best setter in Miyagi, that makes me the most important."

"Setters are cool and all but I feel like being the ace is way cooler, so that's where I'm heading." Hajime interrupted with a proud smile.

"If you say so," Oikawa sighed, "good thing is we will never have to fight for a spot, technically we can both be the best."

After walking around the school for a while, we approached the school's volleyball gym which had the sign-up sheet pinned on the door, Hajime opened his bag and got a pencil out before writing his name and class on the paper then passing it to Oikawa.

Oikawa wrote down his name aswell and then reread everything on the paper before turning around to face me, "it says that they are looking for a club manager, (y/n) you should sign up."

I raise my eyebrows and shake my head, "that's a pretty important job, there will be people who can do it better."

Oikawa puts his hands either side of my shoulders and leans his forehead against mine, looking me in the eyes, "(y/n) you would make such a great manager, you know lots about volleyball plus you're really smart and organised, you have to be more confident in yourself."

I give him a confused look, "hmm, I'm not sure."

"Come on do it, it means you can spend more time with us aswell!" he said trying to convince me on why I should sign-up.

"Okay fine," I sigh, Oikawa then moved his hands from my shoulders to around the back of my neck pulling me into a warm hug.

"Yay I'm so excited to on a team with both of you and hopefully it stays this way when we go into high school aswell!" he said.

"Yeah that would be cool..."

- back to present time -

That was the thing I had been holding on to, the Oikawa who was Hajime and I's best friend, the Oikawa who made sure I was never sad, the Oikawa who believed in me. It just didn't t sit right with me the way he changed so quick. He wasn't the same Oikawa I've know for 14 years, maybe people just change with time.

It made me feel like an idiot for all the years we spent together, all the memories we made together and how quick I was able to run back to him when I felt like I had nobody left. I thought he changed when we went into high school, but never around me he was always the same as when we were kids.

When he cheated on me at the end of second year it hurt so bad, but it hurts ever worse the second time, I chose him over Suga and for what, for me to find out that relationship we rebuild-- was just rebuild with lies.

I felt like the shittiest person, I had something so amazing with Suga and I threw it away. He deserves someone so much better and I hope he finds them. The hurt I feel right now is just karma for how much I've hurt all the people around me.

I feel Emiko tapping me on the shoulder, "(y/n) are you good?"

"Yeah I'm good don't worry, just daydreaming." I reply snapping out of my thoughts.

"You might want to focus on studying, if you don't pass your exams you can't go to the Toyko training camp with Kiyoko."

˱ 𓈒 𓈊 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈉 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈊 𓈒 ˲

this story hit 200k ily you all so much!! <3

© Sunsatori2021