Chapter 4

Family Ties

Josephine was watching TV and it was on the news and Logan Fell was talking about how 'the animal' has been caught.

"To repeat, the animal terrorizing Mystic Falls has been caought" Logan said on the TV.

"Yeah an animal." Josephine scoffed eating cereal.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." Damon said walking into the house.

"He just walks in now?" Kol asked.

"Apparently so, what are you doing here Damon?" Josephine asked turning off the TV.

"Ah did you see that they caught the animal." Damon smirked.

"Yeah, very clever of you." She said putting her dishes away.

"What can I say, I'm a genius." He shrugged.

"No your an idiot." She said crossing her arms and he rolled his eyes.

"You know I heard you scream when you found Tanners body." Damon said leaning on the wall. Josephine looked at Kol and he looked at her confused.

"Damon you weren't even around, you fled the scene because your the one who killed him." Josephine said.

"Yeah your right. Your scream was like this ear splitting noise, I was swerving all over the road, ugh." He said using hand movements.

"Whatever, I have to go pick out a dress." She said and walked off.

She shut her bedroom door and looked at Kol.

"Do you think he was telling the truth, I mean it doesn't make sense he couldnt of heard me from that far, could he, even if he was close Matt was right there and he seemed fine." Josephine said walking over to her closet.

"Maybe only the supernatural could hear you, maybe it has something to do with you predicting what happened." Kol said watching her look through her closet.

"Maybe." She said. "Ok yellow or white?" She asked holding up the dresses.

"Let's go with white." He said with a smile.

"White it is." She smiled and layed it out for later.

She talked to Kol for a while then Caroline opened her door.

"Who are you talking to?" Caroline asked walking into her room followed by Damon.

"No one, I was thinking out loud about something." Josephine shrugged. Damon looked around her room and spotted a drawing.

"Oh ok." Caroline said.

"Caroline can you give your sister and I a second, please." Damon said.

"Umm sure ok." Caroline said walking out and Damon shut the door behind her and vamp sped over to the picture Josephine drew of Mr. Tanner.

"Why did you draw this?" Damon asked looking at the girl.

"I don't know maybe because its embedded in my head." Josephine said sarcastically.

"Your hiding something." He said.

"No, I just dont want you around me or my sister." She said crossing her arms. "Now get out." She added opening the door Kol was watching how Damon kept looking back and forth between certain drawings. The numbers, Mr. Tanner, and the one where he was getting daggered.

"Ok, well I'll see you later sunshine." He smirked and walked out and Josephine shut her door. She turned around and seen Kol looking at her drawings like he was thinking hard about something.