Chapter 40

Heart Of Darkness

Josephine just got off the plane in Denver and Kol picked her up from the airport and they were now driving.

"So they killed Finn?" Josephine asked.

"Yep, and they have a white oak stake, which can kill an original and we just found out that if one of us die our whole sire line dies with us. Now they're trying to find out who Damon and Stefan are sired to." Kol explained and Josephine looked at Kol.

"Who am I sired to, Damon's blood turned me." Josephine said and Kol let out a sigh.

"You're sired to Klaus." Kol said and she nodded.

"Okay." Josephine said and they pulled up to a batting cage. "Why are we here?" She added and he gave her a wicked smile.

"Because Jeremy's here, and I was told that Elena and Damon were coming." Kol said and Josephine just nodded and they got out of the car.

Kol started walking up to them and Josephine was waiting to make her appearance.

"Rose spent a long time running from Klaus as well. She and Damon were close, so maybe we can use him as a connection." Elena said wanting him to use his ghost seeing ability so they could find out who turned Rose.

"Fine, fine, but can we do this later? My friend just got here and yes, Damon, I actually have some. I'll call you when I'm done." Jeremy said and kissed Elena cheek and walked towards Kol.

"Jer...." Elena said.

"Hey man." Jeremy said and Elena noticed who Jeremy was talking to.

"Damon, it's Kol!" Elena panicked and Kol grabbed a wooden baseball bat and hit Damon said hard he fell to the ground and the bat split.

"What are you doing?!" Jeremy yelled.

"Jeremy, get back he's an original." Elena said.

"What?" Jeremy asked confused and felt betrayed.

"No hard feelings, mate. But we're not buds." Kol said grabbing an aluminum bat.

"What would Josephine think about this?" Elena asked and Josephine appeared in front of her and she jumped and Josephine smirked.

"Hi." Josephine said.

"What are you doing?" Elena asked and Josephine shrugged with a smirk.

"You know, I'll never get use to aluminum. But hey, at least it won't break." Kol said and went to hit Damon but Damon grabbed the bat and with his other hand grabbed a piece of the broken wooden bat and staked him with it and Kol fell to the ground.

"You've got to be kidding me." Josephine said and grabbed a hold of Elena's throat.

"Josephine let her go!" Jeremy yelled and Damon got up and seen his blonde friend holding Elena by the throat. He didn't want to hurt Josephine but he didn't really have a choice so he snapped her neck, and Elena started to cough.