Chapter 37

1912

Josephine was tapping her fingers on the table waiting for Bonnie to make her a daylight ring.

"Can you stop that?" Bonnie asked and Josephine stopped.

"Sorry." Josephine said putting her hand in her lap and Kol let out a small chuckle.

"There done." Bonnie said handing her the ring and Josephine smiled and took it.

"Thank you." Josephine said hugging her then and slipped the ring on her finger and stood up and walked over to Kol and held up her hand. "Like it?" She added.

"Want me to be honest?" Kol asked scruncing up his face and Josephine crossed her arms giving him a pointed look. "I'm kidding, it looks great." He laughed and pulled her closer to him.

"So are you ready?" Caroline asked walking over to the couple.

"Yeah, teach me all the vampire tricks." Josephine said and skipped out the door.

"This should be fun." Kol said looking at Caroline then headed out and Caroline followed behind him.

________

Damon just got done talking to Alaric who got arrested and Liz wants him to stay out of it. When he walked to the main room he seen Elena.

"We're you just....?" Elena was asking.

"Rics fine. Sheriff wants me to stay out of it." Damon said walking up to her.

"But you're not going to. Are you?" Elena asked.

"Seems just as good as plan as any." Damon said.

"You're friends in jail for murder. You have to do something." Elena said not understanding why Damon was acting like that.

"Well, I guess I could rip out Dr. False Accusations throat. Maybe her tongue. You know, I could chew it up into little tiny pieces and feed it to the squirrels." Damon said and mimicked a squirrel.

"Stop it, Damon!" Elena said.

"Guess me staying out of it suddenly sounds like a idea, doesn't it? I saved your life last night. You're welcome." Damon said.

"You know you could show a little compassion about Bonnie." Elena said.

"I know, you're right her and her mom must be really hurting right now. Should I send a lasagna?" Damon asked not really meaning it.

"Now you're just being mean." Elena said.

"I'm mean, you hate me. The Earth is back on its axis." Damon said and Elena went to walk away but stopped and turned back around.

"You know if you keep pushing people away, you're gonna end up alone." Elena said and gave her a look.

"Says the one who knew one of her friends was going to be a sacrifice." Damon said.

"What?" Elena asked pretending that she didn't know what he was talking about and Damon walked up to her.

"You know what I'm talking about. You knew Josephine was going to be a sacrifice and you didn't do anything to stop it." Damon said getting mad pointing his finger at her.

"Damon I'm so-" Elena was saying but Damon cut her off.

"No your not. You know how you say I'm such a bad guy well you're worse then me Elena." Damon said then walked out.

________

Josephine was laying on the ground letting out a groan and Kol and Caroline ran over to her trying not to laugh.