Chapter 8

162 Candles

Josephine just got done with Stefans birthday cake, thanks to Damon she found out that it was his birthday so Josephine being Josephine made him a cake.

"Perfect." Josephine said looking at her work.

"I still cant believe you made him a cake." Kol said.

"It's what friends do." Josephine said looking at Kol with a smile and he smiled back at her. "Ok now I have to take this to Stefan." She added and picked it up and headed out.

________

When Josephine got to the Salvatore house she grabbed the cake and got out of her car and just walked into the house like she usually does.

She sat the cake down in the kitchen and heard voices in Stefans room so she walked to his door.

"What are we doing for your birthday? Its not everyday a guy turns one hundred and sixty two years old." Lexi said.

"Really?" Stefan groaned.

"Oh yeah." Lexi said.

"Man one hundred and sixty two years old, dang your old." Josephine said with a smile with her arms and legs crossed leaning on the door frame Lexi sprung up and looked at her.

"Who's this?" Lexi asked.

"Oh umm Lexi this is Josephine, Josephine this is my bestfriend Lexie."  Stefan said and Josephine smiled.

"This is Lexi, oh my god it's so nice to finally meet you Stefan has told me so much about you." Josephine said shaking her hand.

"Its nice to meet you too." Lexi said with a smile.

"Um Jose not to be rude or anything, but what are you doing here?" Stefan asked.

"Oh Damon told me it was your birthday, so I made you a cake." Josephine said. "Happy birthday." She smiled pulling him into a hug.

"Thank you Josephine." Stefan laughed and they pulled away. "You made me a cake?" He added.

"Umm yeah, everyone loves my baking." Josephine said. "Um well I have to go, it was so nice meeting you Lexi." She added with a big smile being her bubbly self and walked out.

________

After talking to the Sheriff Stefan went back home and talked to Lexi.

"What's up with you and Josephine, hmm what a pretty name." Lexi said.

"Nothing we're just friends." Stefan said.

"Well she seems cool, I like her." Lexi said with a shrug.

"Yeah, she actually kinda reminds me of you." Stefan said. "The first time I met her she just had this energy, I cant explain, like this outgoing energy  you know." Stefan added with a small smile.

"How did she find out what you are?" Lexi asked.

"Damon, he uh fed on her drained her." Stefan said

"How is she alive then and how come no one compelled her to forget." Lexi asked.

"Josephine is special, shes connected to one of the first vampires so that connection brought her back and makes it impossible to compelle her." Stefan said.

"Really, well that's interesting." She said.

"We also think shes supernatural but dont know what." Stefan said.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"She can predict death and she has this scream it's not normal." He said and she looked at him amused but decided to change the subject.