Chapter 31

The Reckoning

Josephine was tossing and turning in her bed having flashes of someone getting their neck snap.

"Tyler." Josephine gasped awake and hurried and put her shoes on and looked for her keys which were in the usual spot and ran to her car and sped to the school.

"Come on, come on." Josephine said going way over the speed limit to get to the school on time then she seen red and blue light behind her. "What? No." She added and pulled over and the cop walked up to her car and Josephine looked over just to see her mom.

"Josephine." Sheriff Forbes said shocked to see her daughter.

"Mom I need to the school right now." Josephine rushed out.

"I haven't heard from you all summer and that's the first thing you have to say to me?" Sheriff Forbes asked.

"Mom you don't understand, please." Josephine begged and she sighed and nodded.

"Just be careful." She said and Josephine nodded and drove off to the school.

When she got there she didn't even park her car right and hurried out of it and ran into the school and ran to the gym.

She burst through the gym doors and could feel all eyes on her.

"Josephine." Matt whispered and she looked at him and seen Elena standing there and she was shocked to see her alive then she looked over and seen Tyler laying on the ground.

"No no no no." Josephine said running over to Tyler and slid to the ground next to him tears burning in her eyes. Then she heard the whisperings again and shook them away.

"He killed him." Matt said and Josephine looked at him.

"He's not dead. Klaus's blood will change him into a vampire." Elena said pacing back and forth.

"Are you stupid?" Josephine asked standing up. "The transition doesn't work!" She snapped stepping closer to her and Elena stepped back a little and Klaus stood up.

"And if Bonnie is successful, he'll live through his transition." Klaus looking at Bonnie and took a quick look over a Josephine then back to Bonnie. "Go on. Go and fetch your grimoires and enhancements and what not. I'll hold onto Elena....for safe keeping." He added and grabbed Elena's arm and looks at her, Elena gives Bonnie a look and her and Matt took off, an Rebekah looks at Elena.

"So this is the latest doppelganger. The original one was much prettier." Rebekah said as Josephine was by Tyler's side.

"Enough, Rebekah. Take the wold boy elsewhere, would you?" Klaus asked.

"No." Josephine said standing infront of Tyler and Klaus smirked and vamp sped to her and snapped her neck and Elena gasped.

"Take her with you." Klaus said and Rebekah did just that.

________

Caroline woke up on the classroom floor and Rebekah was going through her phone.

"We didn't have mobile telephones in my day. Would have made life a whole lot easier, I suppose." Rebekah said and took a picture of herself.

"Wheres Tyler?" Caroline asked looking at her.

"He's dead. Ish." Rebekah said and Caroline looks back and sees Tyler and Josephine laying there.

"What did you do to them?" Caroline asked already not liking the other blonde vampire. "J." She added looking at her sister.

"Think of it as he's having a nap. When he wakes up, he'll be a hybrid. For Josephine it's just a little snap to the neck." Rebekah said and Caroline put her ear to Tyler's chest.