Chapter 17

Masquerade

Josephine hasn't heard from Caroline all day she thought she was just getting ready for the Masquerade Ball. Josephine decided not to go and to go check on Jenna and hang out with Elena and see how shes doing with the whole break up thing.

Before Josephine could even knock on the door Matt was opening it to walk out.

"Josephine, hey." Matt said.

"Hey." Josephine said and he walked off without another word.

"That was weird." Josephine said Walking in and Elena looked at her.

"What was?" Elena asked.

"Matt, he seemed off." Josephine said but shrugged it off. "How are you, that was a stupid question, come here." She added and pulled her in for a hug and Elena let out a sigh.

"I'll be fine." Elena said and Josephine nodded and pulled away and looked at her.

"I know you will, your Elena Gilbert." Josephine said and held up the grocery bag she had in her hands. "Now I brought icecream and cookies." She added Walking to the kitchen and Elena laughed following her.

"Of course you did." She said with a smile.

"So hows Jenna?" Josephine asked getting some bowls.

"Shes going to be ok, shes swore." Elena said grabbing some spoons.

"Well Katherine did compel her to stab herself." Josephine said and Elena nodded.

"Do I hear Josephine?" Jenna asked from the living room and Josephine smiled and went over to the living room and poked her head around the corner and smiled.

"The one and only." Josephine said with a smile. "Icecream?" She added.

"Yes please." Jenna said.

"Coming right up." Josephine said and went and made her some.

________

They were now all sitting in the living room Jenna and Elena sitting on the couch and Josephine was sitting in a chair.

"I feel invalid." Jenna said.

"That's because you are an invalid. Wheres Jeremy isn't he hungry?" Elena asked.

"He already left for the Lockwood party." Jenna said and Josephine looked up.

"He went to that?" Elena asked.

"Yeah, I'm glad. He needs to have more fun. Lose some of that emo thing." Jenna said.

"I'm gonna get some napkins." Elena said and stood up.

"Me too." Josephine said and got up and walked into the kitchen with her where Alaric was.

"What's going on?" Elena asked Alaric asked he looked at the two.

"What do you mean?" Alaric asked.

"Come on Ric, just tell us." Josephine said and he looked at her and didnt even answer.

"I havent heard from anyone all day. It's like everyone's been avoiding me and now Jeremy supposedly at the party? He hates stuff like that." Elena said and Josephine nodded agreeing with her since everyone has been avoiding her all day as well. That's because they didnt want her getting hurt as well.

"I dont know what to tell you, Elena, Josie." Alaric said and his phone started to ring and Elena reached for it but he hurried and grabbed it and put it in his pocket.

"So, then you'll be okay if I just head out, try to meet up with everyone. With Josephine." Elena said.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait." Alaric said looking at the two. Damon would kill him if either of them were to get hurt.