Part 26: The days Continue

THE NEXT DAY

I was escorted back home by one of the police officers after I was thoroughly checked up on by the medics. After reviewing and labeling me as unharmed or completely healthy, I was brought back home, the same empty home.

I wish I could've stayed with Nana a while longer in that crater, however rescue operations were in the way and removing all potential civilians to provide their services was a must so I had to go. Bakugo had been rescued but no villains except Nine had been caught, having been warped away by some outside force.

I hadn't heard from any of my classmates that day, and I didn't expect to. Upon arriving in my apartment, the living space was cold like if the air conditioning had been left on, which it had. Looked like Nana was in a rush to leave the house.

All the furniture, dishes in the sink and the open doors were left untouched, nothing looking out of place or peculiar. It even felt like still, like I was in a different world than everyone else who's smiles were starting to annoy me outside.

The sun came through the window, illuminating the living room. I didn't feel like flipping on any lights and sat down slowly on my one seat couch.

My entire body felt light, and I couldn't even feel the pulse on my neck when I checked if I had somehow died and this is a dream. The authorities were soon to arrive for the usual questioning and if there is anything I knew or anything mom knew about the villain and his motives.

There was nothing I could give them.

Nana was well known personally between heroes and higher authorities in the police force. Everything I knew, they probably would've already known too.

"(sigh)" I said, still seated on the cold couch.

I was contemplating whether I should go for a walk or wash my face, however I didn't feel like moving. I felt like destroying everything in one blow right at that moment, but the hanging pictures of Nana and myself as a baby, brought me sort of comfort like if she was still here.

But I can't fool myself. The reality was indeed world changing. I was now completely alone again. I have now lost family twice in my lifetime, as a kid and a teen. I felt like sobbing some more but it seems like I already emptied my eyes when I held her in my hands.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

'Must be the authorities'

I slowly made my way towards the door, with every step giving off a loud thud on the floor.

CLICK!

"..hello?" I asked.

I couldn't see who it was at first, since the sun was brighter than normal, but then my vision started to adapt to the sudden change in lighting revealing a familiar smile.