Part 44: Labeled as a Threat

12AM

"Well, time to make a few calls," I said tapping onto my phone.

Saiko:/Ara Ara~ My Hisashi has finally gave me a call~/

Melissa:/Oh hi! Snowsashi I'm ready to leave this island/

Kendo:/I'm ready when you are/

Nejire:/ On your order Hisa-kun/

After calling everyone and telling them the plan of leaving tomorrow at night, I instructed each of them to prepare anything they wanted to bring in a small bag and they all understood and the calls ended. But after, was the most uncertain call I would make.

"Momo's turn"

Because I haven't explained anything to her, she may or may not join me. Plus, she was asleep right now in her bed but I decided to call anyways and maybe her dazed state after waking up would make it easier for me to persuade her if needed, but before I could even make the call, a knock was on my door.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

The knocking came in 3 and was swift and silent as in not to wake up anyone. I tried using Awareness but I wasn't able to see anyone outside my door until I opened it.

"Ochako? It's a bit early don't you think?," I said opening the door to a shivering Ochako.

"Sorry, but I was wondering if I could stay in your room for tonight," She said nervously.

'I'll tell Momo later'

"Sure. Please lie down on the bed," I said letting her in.

"Thank you, Hisashi," Ochako said walking in and sitting on the edge of my bed.

"You can use all the blankets since I won't be sleeping again," I said as I sat down on my desk and turned on the head lamp for a bit of illumination.

"Um...Hisashi..could you perhaps.......stay with me," Ochako turned red after asking.

'This would almost be the last time I'll see her so I guess it's fine'

"Sure, if it'll help you sleep then I don't mind," I said walking over and sitting on the bed.

Ochako placed a hand over mine as I can clearly see that she's distressed.

"Ochako...what's wrong? Did I do something wrong?"

"No....it's just that now that we're here I can finally tell you how I feel"

"Ochako you don't need to-"

"I have to Hisashi. Since the beginning, you've always been there with me and the class. You know, you're the driving force that makes us all want to get stronger. Even Bakugo wants to compete against you and not in a violent way"

"(chuckle) I've noticed that. You all have grown a lot since day one in the matter of time. Class 1-B has also grown but not that I've actually seen it but if their class president is able too, then that should be more than enough motivation for the rest"

"But you see, you made all that happen and when we graduate from U.A. and become full fledged heroes, I don't think I'm the only one who wants to be by your side"

"You will all do fine and you mustn't rely solely on me Ochako. You must also take examples from your peers and I'd recommend Yagi and Bakugo though I would much rather prefer you to follow Yagi. He has the capabilities to be a leader but a leader needs his supporters. You should start supporting him now"

I felt Ochako's grip tighten around my hand. Because my hand was significantly larger than hers, the best she could do was squeeze my fingers. I couldn't feel any pain because of Pain Killer but when I looked down at it, my hands were white from the pressure.