Part 50: Not a Quiet Mission

CONTINUING

"Could you all please...remove your hats?," Yagi asked as we all froze in place.

'This is bad'

"Sorry young man, it is our tradition to keep our hats on you see," I said as I faced Yagi without looking up at him.

"That's a pretty strange tradition Mister," Yagi said as he gave us a glare.

"It's rude to decide what is normal for others boy," I said," Aren't you a hero in training? I've seen you during the sports festival"

"Oh! Yeah, I'm sorry. It's just um...I just really wanted to get a look at your eyes. You remind me of a friend I had but he moved away you see so I was thinking perhaps you might've been him. But as I look closer now, I may have been wrong, sorry for bothering you guys," Yagi bowed.

'Haha, whenever the Sports Festival is mentioned, Yagi always gets embarrassed about it'

"It's fine young man," Saiko said looking at him with her yellow eyes,"Accidents happen sometimes"

"Yes. Sometimes mistake are made when you're young," I said as I let him see my blue eyes," Not everyone is perfect"

"Yeah no sweat! Just keep doing your best!," Nejire said," You can become a great hero one day"

"Aww! Thank you for your support!," Yagi thanked while bowing," It means the world to me"

"Of course, we wouldn't want our future heroes to be left unnoticed now do we?" I said.

"No, not at all," Yagi said as he looked up at us," Thank you again for-"

"Ah choo!," Eri sneezed from underneath my coat.

'!!!!'

The atmosphere around us quickly shifted to one that was tense and heavy. It became so quiet, that the oncoming wind that swirled around us played a song before drifting away. None of us could come up with an excuse for the sneeze since Yagi was clearly watching all of us. But I had gotten an idea. In a world where anything is possible, any lie was also possible to pass off.

"Sorry young man. I wanted to keep this to ourselves and not say anything but you seem eager to know," I said," You see, my quirk is that I have another mouth on my body"

"You..what?," Yagi said.

'Nice one Hisa-kun!' Nejire thought.

'Hmph, as clever as always' Saiko thought.

"It's not a very special quirk like yours. I have another mouth that is mute but does carry out what normal mouths would like that sneeze you just heard... was me. Even worse is that it doesn't even sound like me but a little girl"

"Oh...I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable sir," Yagi bowed again.

'That's a relief'

"Please raise your head Yagi, your kindness is that of a hero but this is no way for a hero to display himself. I am in no way offended so need not to worry," I said.

"Okay! I'll be going now!," Yagi said as he stood back up and turned around.

Me and the girls turned around our own way and continued to walk towards the hospital that wasn't too far now. The sun is still a ways from setting and now that we are in the clear, our job would be easy, but.....not all things work out as planned.

I had only taken a few steps before I had tilted my head to my left to dodge a sudden gust of wind that came from behind me. That same attack continued down the street until it came into contact with a stop sign and completely broke it away from where it stood.