Part 54: Dreams of Future Past

WHITE

.

.

.

.

.

"(blink)(blink)"

I opened my eyes and yet It felt like they were still closed. My breathing was normal, I feel like I'm floating and yet I was standing on nothing but white. Everything around me was white until suddenly a blue sky formed above me as the white color parted like clouds and a bright sun had formed to make everything even brighter.

'So this is her head'

I started to walk forward towards the direction of the sun and as I did, I could see small groups of clouds, a little darker than the white void below my feet, swirl and then take the shape of a small room that I recognized to be a hospital room. I couldn't recognize it at first, but after getting closer it came to me that this was my hospital room.....when I was 4.

When I finally reached the door of the room, I had a look inside and saw myself sitting there on the hospital bed looking down.

"That's...me..."

"Sashi!," a voice called behind me.

When I looked over I saw Nana walking in with a paper plate with eggs and a cup of water. She wore a nurse's uniform and a bright smile that I've longed for. She didn't seem to notice me because as she came closer, her entire body went right through me like smoke as she entered the hospital room where my younger self smiled and cheered for her.

"Okay Sashi! I brought another plate, just the way you like it!"

"Thank you Nana!!!"

Then poof. The image of the hospital disappeared and faded like wind had carried it away. I didn't say anything and instead continued to walk towards the sun that looked like it had fallen a bit. Before I even noticed however I heard a crunch under my foot.

'Grass'

I assesses and when I looked up, I saw Nana again staring at me, but more accurately, staring right through me. I took a step to the side just in time to see a younger me and run and jump into Nana's arms as she swung him around and made plane noises like I've been doing, but the thing was, I didn't recall this memory.

'Is this..her memory?'

Like before, like if wind had suddenly come by, the memory vanished like smoke and I continued walking down the void but this time, the grass beneath me stayed and every step I took made a crunch. I walked a little bit further than before and this time, I heard her voice behind me.

"Welcome, to your new home Sashi," Nana said.

I turned around to see Nana holding the hand of a younger me as in front of them stood our old apartment. The apartment wasn't at all different than what it was before but it to them, I guess it was like brand new.

"This place...is mine?" the younger me asked.

"It is Sashi. You'll have so much when you grow up so you don't have to worry about a thing" Nana smiled.

SWOOSH!

The memory disappeared again but this time, the sun that was once in the sky was replaced by a bright blue moon as everything around me darkened. 

'Night time'

The spot where I saw the apartment changed into a set of stairs that glowed a warm color as I recognized that these stairs were the ones that led up to the second floor of the apartment.