Part 73: Slice and Toga

IN TARTARUS

"(YAWN) I'm bored," Dabi whined.

"Same. The detective and Nighteye haven't come back to question us in a few days," Spinner said.

Spinner, Dabi, Shigaraki, Compress and Nana were all strapped to chairs on one side of the room while Kendo, Saiko, Melissa and Nejire were on the other. They were all relocated into the same large room due to orders from Miss Rias. With their quirks erased and only having each other to keep them entertained, the dread of being bored was heavy.

"Hey, hey!! Let's sing a song," Nejire said, trying to start a singalong only to have silence as an answer," Fine then, I'll sing by myself. I see trees of green! Red roses too! I see them bloom, for me and you...and I think to myself; What a wonderful world!-"

"Shut it blue beans! That song is older than Nana," Shigaraki hissed," How about something a little more modern? And not so upbeat"

"I can think of one," Saiko said, gaining their attention" You like modern music? Then how about a little American rap?"

"Sorry, but that's a bit too distasteful for me," Compress said," I'm not really a rap fellow plus do you even know the words of one?"

"That's why it's called mumble rap Compress. You don't have to know the words," Saiko chuckled.

"(sigh) Then what about a game?" Dabi suggested," Rock, Paper, Scissors"

"Aw c'mon Dabi, or 'Touya Todoroki'," Spinner said," We've been playing that for the past week now. I'm getting tired of it and besides, our arms are strapped up along with our hands. The only reason you win is because you insist you threw something else"

"You're just mad because we're 35-0. Maybe if you were a little better at the game, you wouldn't be complaining as much," Dabi smirked.

"Hey! I'm in the same boat as Spinner," Shigaraki said," You'd say you threw scissors, and then I'd say I threw rock, but then you'll say you threw paper and 'win' the game"

"Tactical diversion or whatever," Dabi looked away from the 2.

"Man, I really just want Hisashi to come rescue us," Kendo said, saddening slouching over on her chair," Then maybe we could finally get what we want from him"

"I know how you feel," Melissa said to Kendo on her left," I've been aching to not only tinker with my inventions, but with Hisashi too"

"Hey! Nana's right across from you! Don't talk like that in front of her!" Kendo begged.

"What's the point of keeping our feelings to ourselves? Hear this, I love drinking tea, but can you guess what I also want going down my throat-" Saiko said.

"Saiko!! Not you too," Kendo whined," At least make it more child friendly. You're just going all out!"

"Aw c'mon Kendo. They're just playing around," Nejire said," Girls will be girls"

"Yeah, but...his mother"

"I personally would like to have a nice kiss," Nejire said.

"Oh? Well that's more nice than-"

"Followed by him breaking my back-"

"NEJIRE!!!"

Everyone laughed besides Nana who was currently sleeping.

"Shigaraki, when they first got here I was a bit skeptical, but if they're as funny as they are now, then it was well worth it," Spinner said.

"Yeah. Who knew having crazy girls would be beneficial," Dabi said.