Part 36: I'll do what's best

IN MY ROOM

I let Ochako step inside my room as I closed the door behind her. She slowly walked to the center as she examined all the displays of photos of me and Nana on shelves, scattered papers on a desk with a few dull pencils. My bed was pushed against the wall and had all white sheets with a black blanket folded over like someone had just gotten out of it. I didn't have the most interesting room, only bringing or adding what I would need so I had plenty of room and a load of pictures.

Ochako continued to look as she fixed her eyes on a certain picture on my desk. It was the same picture I had collected from my trip to the hospital where me and Nana were holding a drawing I made when I was 5.

"Is this you?" Ochako asked, pointing to the picture in a frame.

"It is.I believe I was about 5 when this was taken but can't recall the moment" I said walking over to her side.

"It's kind of dark in here, don't you think?" Ochako said making her way to my light switch but I pulled on her shoulder stopping her in her tracks.

"It's my own choice to leave the lights off so please don't," I said, turning her back around.

"It's also...kind cold in here" She said rubbing her arms.

"It's a way to help one think, almost like meditation. Ochako, please relax and have a seat," I motioned her to to the bed," If you need to warm yourself up then use my blanket to cover yourself"

"(blush) Oh, O-okay..Thank you" Ochako said, doing exactly what I offered.

It was dark out and the only light that was in my room was a few rays of Moonlight through my window. I admit it was dark, but that's just how I liked it. It helps keep my thoughts in line whenever I'm brainstorming or preparing for my next move.

"I'm sorry it's dark here in Ochako, but you can still see my face, yes?" I said, pulling the chair from my desk and dragging it over in front of Ochako.

"It's fine Hisashi...anyways, um, I'm sorry"

"Sorry? For what Ochako," I asked, placing my elbows on my knees.

"I'm sorry for the way the class was acting lately Hisashi. We understand if you're upset with us" Ochako said looking down at her hands.

"We? So does the class know you're in my room right now?" I said already knowing the answer.

When Ochako first stepped into my room, I used Awareness and saw that the others were huddled around Kyoka who I assume was using her quirk to listen in on our interaction. I won't lie and say this wasn't amusing, because it definitely was.

"Um,um....yes, but that's not-"

"It's alright Ochako. You don't need to explain, I trust you came here to talk about what you said you wanted to talk about" I said placing a hand over her fumbling hands.

"(blushing more) Right! Sorry yeah! We wanted to, let you know what we were doing last night"

This relieved me a bit from my worries about my classmates. Though I wish it had been sooner, they gathered the courage to tell me what happened in a day but at the same time, it was underwhelming to just see them send someone rather than face me as a class.

"Oh? Okay Ochako, what were you guys doing?"

"Last night, the class and I noticed you weren't in the dorms and Aizawa ahd told that you went out"

'Damn Aizawa'

"Really? I'm glad to see that you guys were aware I wasn't around"

"Yeah and we decided to follow you, for a fun night you know. BUt the thing was that none of us knew where you were and none of us had your number either. So we asked Nejire if she did and luckily she did have your number so we were able to track you"