Part 118: Makes me Happy

WITH NANA (CONTINUING)

.

.

.

.

"Look at that...looks like you couldn't kill me afterall," Sashi said as he mockingly stepped on my stomach, while metal spears stabbed through, and pinned me to the ground," I never thought that today would be the day I'd finally defeat you, mother"

A multitude of metal spears were sunk into my wrists, arms, shoulders and legs with the purpose of keeping me down. My body burned in pain, an agonizing level I haven't felt for so long. My Regeneration did it's best to support me, but as long as the spears stayed in, I wouldn't be able to heal anywhere else.

I tried pulling myself up, gripping my hands and tried to force myself up or even budge one of the spears, but Sashi was already on top of that, using a Metal Manipulation type quirk, to make sure the spears remained. Struggling was useless.

"(COUGH)(COUGH)(cough)....Sashi....," I coughed up blood, letting a drop run from my mouth and over the many scars and bruises on my face,"....."

"(SMILE) See? The real Nana, would've already killed me by now," He said stepping harder into my stomach and I coughed up more blood," The poor thing about having a slow Regeneration, is that you get to live through painful experiences like this"

That was the exact type of response I'd expect to hear from him. It had a fact and a mocking tone to it, just his way if being annoying It may have been due to a hidden desperation to continue fighting, but because I had predicted his answer, it made me feel like my son was still there, behind the heavy mask of a man who could no longer see the light.

'I'll destroy...that mask...' I thought, slowly inhaling a breath, to go under his detection.

"Sashi- FLAME-"

SLAM!!!!!!

As I called out his name and inhaled the best I could to let out a wave of flames, he was quicker to slam down his fist into my face and put out my flames. My vision went blurry for a moment but I was still able to see the red glow of his left eye, through the small crack I had put into his mask.

'How tired are you.... I wonder....' I internally reached out to the ragged look under his red orbs, and examined the blurriness of his sight,' It's almost as though you're blind..'

They were squinted as he smiled inside the mask. Lifting his fist from my face, I coughed again as my broken nose slowly formed back to normal, and watched him raise his left hand as small pieces of metal nearby floated up and combined to form another spear in his hands.

"This won't kill you, but at best it'll make sure you stay down for a while," Sashi said, raising the spear above my head.

"Why....why would you go so far for me..?" I asked, noticing that it seems to irritate him.

"You of all people should know....but I don't mind explaining, if that's what you want"

STAB!!!!!

'((!!!!))' I wide eyed, feeling the spear get plunged into my chest, piercing one of my lungs,' I guess that's it for my Flame Breath'

I couldn't quite see the direction he was facing as he stood up and looked around. On top of a mountain of burnt rubble, broken debri and with black electricity sparking around at it eventually disappeared, the scene was what a quirk war would look like.