We Debuted!

"Manager, I'm gonna get some water. I'm thirsty." Jeongguk says.

"You've had like five cups already..." (Y/N) says as she sees him getting more.

Namjun tries to pass through, "Excuse me, I need to go to the bathroom."

"Didn't you go like five minutes ago?"

"Zzz...Zzz..." Taehyung snoozes on one of the seats, very peacefully.

"Huh? Taehyung fell asleep?"

"He took three calming herb pills...That must be a side effect." Yunki states, as he is already prepared.

'T-minus five minutes until sound check. They were lively and energetic until we got into the green room.' (Y/N) scratches her head, nervous about the situation. "Are you guys...nervous?"

Seokjin looked beyond anxious, "...We looked at the auditorium. The stage was huge, and we couldn't even count how many seats there were! It's nothing like the birthday party."

"What if we forget the lyrics or miss a beat? This is a LIVE show. What if I mess up the broadcast?" Jimin timidly speaks, biting his lips.

Jeongguk checks his vocals, " "It's a lie!!!" Ah. Ah. "It's a lie!!!" Manager, my voice...it won't..."

"Zzz...Zzz..." Taehyung is still snoozing peacefully.

(Y/N) feels her anxiety skyrocket as she sees everyone's nervous state. 'Everyone's so nervous...What should I do? What would a great manager do at a time like this?' Immediately, she comes up with an idea. "Guys! I looked it up, and the internet says stretching can help you relax. Come on, follow me. Stretch out your arms...and your legs..."

Jeongguk imitates her every move, slowly but carefully. "Li-like this?"

"Yes, and to your side...Gah!" (Y/N) instantly loses her footing and falls back. "Ahhh!"

Jimin hurries her way, "Manager?!"

Their warm-up turns into a sudden slapstick routine at her own expense. For a few seconds, no one speaks.

"Pfft. Fft. Hmph. Bwahaha!"

All the members hold their stomachs, bursting out in laughter.

Taehyung wakes up, "Whoa, that woke me up. Manager, you're such a goofball."

"Just like me." Seokjin comments, as he wipes away his tears from sheer enjoyment.

(Y/N) laughs along as well, "Ahaha...Did I overdo it...? Anyway, you're not nervous anymore, right?"

As the five minutes were over, everyone is already on stage for the sound check and rehearsing.

🎵It's a lie, You such a liar🎶

Sound check is almost over.

(Y/N) looks up at the stage, a calm gaze as she watches their performance, 'If they keep doing it just like this, we won't have any problems.'

🎵See me See me ya🎶

But then...Jeongguk vanishes from the stage!

"Jeongguk! Jeongguk!!!" (Y/N) runs up to the stage in a speed of light.

"Manager..."

Jeongguk's voice comes from under the stage. (Y/N) finds the smashed temporary patch in the stage floor. Jeongguk must have fallen through.

(Y/N) kneels down to where the patch is and extends her hands out down to Jeongguk's figure. "Jeongguk, are you alright?! Grab my hands!"

Jeongguk tightly grabs her hands and she lifts him out.

As Jeongguk is out of the hole, (Y/N) wraps her arms around his neck, feeling relieved he is safe. "Jeongguk!! I'm so glad you're okay!"

Jeongguk awkwardly wraps his arms on her back, flushing a beet red from her close contact. "...U-Uhmm."

Namjun runs over to the two. "Is he alright...?

"Are you hurt? Let me see your legs." Yunki kneels down to inspect.

"...I'm fine." Jeongguk calmly says.

Seokjin looks at him with a concerned look, "Are you sure? I heard the thud when you fell."

Jeongguk waves his hand dismissively, "I slipped a little, that's all."

"But still...you should get checked out." Taehyung suggests.

"What? No. I don't need to. I need to grab something from the green room." Jeongguk strides away as if nothing happened.

"I'm so glad he wasn't hurt." Jimin calms down as he tells himself that.

On the other hand, (Y/N) had this bad feeling in her stomach, "Is he really okay...?"

In the green room...

"Ouch..." Jeongguk sits in the empty green room, his pants rolled up so he can check his ankle.

"Jeongguk!" (Y/N) calls out.

Jeongguk nearly jumped as he got startled, "...Manager."

"Your ankle looks swollen. Why did you say you weren't hurt?"

Jeongguk stays silent.

"I can't let you dance like that. I need to cancel today's performance and take you to a doctor..." (Y/N) heads out near the door, until she is stopped.

"No." Jeongguk grabs her wrist hard. "Manager, I want to be on stage. We have to debut today. We've worked hard for this. I want to make our dream come true." He clasps his hand on hers, with a pleading look in his eyes. "Can I? Please?"

Knowing that he means well, (Y/N) just couldn't accept it. "...No, I can't let you do it. Your wellbeing is more important than any performance."

"If I'm important to you, then let me do this."

"Jeongguk..."

"If...If I can't go on stage today, it will hurt me more than any fall."

(Y/N) stares at him, her eyes wide. Her face softens as she sees that he won't be changing his mind, "...Okay. You can."

She decides to trust Jeongguk- for his pride, and the rest of the group's.

Jeongguk puts his hand on the side of (Y/N)'s face, "Thank you, manager."

(Y/N) can see the determination in his eyes. She quickly but carefully splints his ankle and they rejoin the rest of the group backstage.

"Manager! Jeongguk! What kept you so long?" Namjun and the others were down the hall.

"Jeongguk, are you alright?" Yunki asks, worried for his well-being.

Jeongguk gives him a bright smile. "Yes, hyung. I feel great."

Taehyung looks (Y/N)'s way with sparkles in his eyes, "Manager! This is it, right? We're really going to debut, right?"

(Y/N) is silent for a second, until Jeongguk meets her eyes and nods.

"...Yes. Today's the day."

"Bangtan Boys, standby!" A staff member yells out.

The members' eyes light up like shining stars.

Namjun brings his hand out, "Let's have a fighting chant."

"Wait, let's do it with our manager." Jeongguk pulls her hand into the pile with all of theirs.

Warmth from their hands spread into hers.

"Bangtan Bangtan Bangbangtan!"
.
.
.
June 13, 2013. Bangtan Boys make their debut to the world..
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
A/N: I know this chapter seems pretty short but I still wanted to update something for you guys, maybe I'll post another chapter soon. Also thank you to those who still stay by this story. Please Vote, Comment, and Share this story to your friends, other ARMY, or share it on your social media if you'd like to. As always, I purple all you beautiful ARMY and have a safe and happy day 💜🌸🦋