I NEED U

April 2015. The day of the comeback stage for their long-awaited title track, <I NEED U>.

🎵I need you girl
Why do I love and say goodbye alone?-🎶

The car is filled with melodic voices quietly singing <I NEED U>.

"Ah, ah. I can reach the high notes today! Better watch out, vocal line." Yunki jokes around.

"I'm excited just thinking about going up on stage for the first time in awhile!" Jimin says as he smiles happily.

Hoseok was just as excited, "How long has it been?! Ah, I want to perform already!"

(Y/N) looks at her rear view mirror to see the boys happily chatting their excitement on their return. 'It's our first comeback in 8 months. I thought everyone would be worried but it's not as bad as I was expecting. I guess they've grown so much that comeback days aren't as nerve-wracking anymore.'

The happy thought accompanies them as the car arrives at the broadcasting station.

*Moments later*

"Go on ahead to the green room! I have something to check first." (Y/N) orders the boys before heading on her way.

"Okay!!" The members head on inside the building as their manager leaves.

"Oh? Huh? Over there!" Taehyung calls out.

"Huh? Do you see someone you know?" Hoseok asks him.

"Hmm! How long has it been, broadcast planter? Hi! You look the same as always."

Hoseok looked very puzzled at his boxy-smiled member, "Oh... Okay, planter..."

"Huh? Over there! In front!" Taehyung points at a direction.

"I'm not falling for it this time." Hoseok crosses his arms as he says that.

"Those are the juniors who came to say hello when we were promoting Boy In Luv, right?"

Namjun looks at the direction Taehyung is pointing at, "Oh, yeah. They are."

Taehyung runs up to them, "Excuse me, juniors! Hello-" But he comes to a stop as the unexpected happened. "...Oh my. They just passes us by?"

"They probably didn't see us. Yeah, they didn't notice!" Seokjin says embarrassingly, trying to reassure Taehyung and himself.

"Jin hyung, your ears are red." Jeongguk points out.

Hoseok pouts, "They used to be the ones to come by and say hello to us. How could they..."

A heavy uneasiness settles over the group.

*A few moments later*

"Guys!... Huh?" (Y/N) returns only to see that there's no one in the open green room. "Our slot's coming up- where did they go? I'm going to have to find them!"

Her first destination to look is up to the rooftop. As she walks up, she sees a familiar figure standing there staring up at the sky.

"Manager?" Taehyung looks back to see (Y/N) standing behind him.

The female walks up to him, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm photosynthesizing."

(Y/N) shakes her head at his lie, "You face is a little too serious for a regular old photosynthesis session. Is something on your mind?"

Taehyung looks back at her with a solemn expression, "Hmm... Something on my mind... Yes, there is." He blinks slowly, then looks up at the sky again.

"Oh no... What is it? You can tell me!" She takes her hand on his shoulder, rubbing it in a comforting manner.