Mission: Melting Sugar (Pt.1)

"Alright, it's time to wake up!!!" (Y/N) calls out, waking up the boys.

Jimin stretches his arms out, a wide smile on his face. "Manager, I really missed hearing this!"

Hoseok shares his heart smile from listening to her voice, "Aha! This is more like it! Now I really feel like Manager's back."

"Haaaa... Mmmm..." Jeongguk yawns as he wakes up.

"Huh? What, Jeongguk? Aha. Jeongguk says he's really happy too!" Taehyung says as he attempts to shake him awake.

Everyone's back to their peaceful routine and the morning that (Y/N) missed so much.

"Listen up while you eat, okay? Today's schedule includes radio-"

The members around the table are still sleepy-eyed but focused intently on what she's saying.

"Hehe. This is weird. Why do I keep wanting to laugh?" Jimin stares at her with bright eyes, hands resting on both his hands.

(Y/N) only just glanced at him when a pinky finger appears in her peripheral vision.

"Promise me, (Y/N)! Promise you won't leave again. I'll never let you... Hurry up, hurry!" Taehyung looks grim.

(Y/N) makes an elaborate 3-step pinky promise. "Huh? Where's Yunki?"

Namjun looks around, "Oh? You're right. Is he not up?"

Minutes later, (Y/N) heads to the front of Yunki's door and knocks"Yunki, it's time to get u-"

The door suddenly opens. Yunki and (Y/N) lock eyes.

"...Oh. Haha, you're up!"

"Yeah."

"You don't want to eat? The other members-"

"...I'm not interested." Yunki stalks past her.

(Y/N) stares at Yunki's figure as he walks off. 'Is it just me? I can't help but feel...'

"Wow, cold. So cold." Jeongguk says behind her.

(Y/N) whips around from startlement. "Holy crap! When'd you get here?

"I'm done eating! Time for sugarcane dessert."

"Hey, Jeongguk. Does Yunki seem a little..."

"He's a total block of ice. Can't you tell just by looking at him?"

*Flashback*

"Production work? I'll handle it. You don't have to worry about it." Yunki says.

"Now's not a good time... I'd like to be alone."

"...I'll do it myself later."

*Flashback ends*

"I haven't had a proper conversation with Yunki since I've been back." (Y/N) admits.

"I don't think Suga hyung's quote over it yet. He's quite soft-hearted, that hyung..." Jeongguk assures her.

"We can't go on like this! If he's putting space between us... I'll bridge it!"

Thus begins Mission: Melting Sugar!

Days pass, and it was the day of Bangtan and (Y/N)'s day off.

'Just my luck! We have today off and there's nothing scheduled... Yeah! I have an idea!'

The next day, (Y/N) was in town near an intersection. For Plan A, she begins by texting Yunki's number.

(Y/N):
[Yunki. Let's go take a look at
some new production equipment!
Come to the intersection. I'll be
waiting.]

'Looking at equipment puts Yunki in a good mood, so it'll be easy to strike up a conversation then!' (Y/N) waits for a while until a shadow covers her head. "Oh! Yunki, you're he-"

"Hallo, Manager! Here's a surprise appearance from Kim Taehyung!" Taehyung spreads his arms wide and glomps (Y/N) with a big bear hug.

"Oof! Huh? Taehyung, how come you're here...?"

Taehyung pulls back, "Yunki hyung's working and says he needs a saxophone sound. He told me to go look at them with you? Oh! There's an instrument store right there! Let's hurry!"

Taehyung and (Y/N) end up spending quite a while in the store looking for a true saxophone sound.

"Hwooo... My mouth hurts from trying out the instruments... Wasn't my EDM performance cool, though?" Taehyung looks at (Y/N).

(Y/N) stares in awe, "Yeah. I can't believe you were able to play EDM with a saxophone! That was genius!"

Taehyung smiles all boxy, "I knew you'd agree, Manager!" Taehyung laughs for a while before he pauses to scratch his nose, clearly wanting to say something. "Uh... Mmm. So what I want to say is... I'm so glad that I'm able to spend this time with you."

This statement took the (E/C) eyed girl by surprise, "Taehyung..."

"I was upset for a while... But I think, ultimately, it helped me grow. I'm a little bit of an adult now!" Taehyung put up this devoted look, "I want to put everything behind us, so I made up my mind! I want to write a song for this album. Kim Taehyung's first composition... Look forward to it!"

They lock eyes smiling at each other. (Y/N) was happy for Taehyung's shared feelings and new goal.

The next day... (Y/N) moves forward to Plan B.

(Y/N):
[Yunki. How do lamb skewers
sound?
We'll eat until we feel like
exploding!
Come to the restaurant. I'll be waiting.]

The (H/C)nette covertly sends Yunki a text telling him to come to the lamb skewer restaurant.

"Even Yunki won't be able to resist the temptation of lamb skewers!" (Y/N) proudly tells herself. The lamb skewers she ordered to greet him upon arrival are roasting nicely. "He should be here by now... Huh? I heard the door open. He must be here!"

But alas, It wasn't Yunki who arrived at the scene.

"Ta-da! I'm here!" Jeongguk greets himself with his cute smile.

(Y/N) looked extremely dumbfounded, "...Huh? Jeongguk, how'd you..."

"Yunki hyung asked me if I wanted to eat my fill of lamb skewers and told me to come here. Well... Thank you for the food! Yum."

Moments later... Jeongguk stops patting his lamb skewer-filled belly to say something.

"I had a delicious meal!" Jeongguk says satisfyingly, before giving a small burp.

(Y/N) rubs her filled tummy too since the lamb skewers came out really well. "I feel like my stomach's going to explode... Amazing Jeongguk..."

Jeongguk smiles at her compliment, but turns his expression to a serious one. "Mm... Manager. I'm curious. You're not still thinking about what happened before, are you?"

"Oh?"

"There was a little hiccup along the way, but now we're here, eating lamb skewers together. We're still young and that's why we switch between feeling this way and that. Do everything you want to do." He places his hand on her shoulder, comfortingly. "So what I'm saying is... Don't feel too bad. Straighten out your shoulders like this when you walk around, too. Okay?"

Jeongguk's exaggerated demonstration makes her burst out laughing.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
A/N: This chapter will be a two parter since time has not been beside me lately. But... FINALS ARE FINALLY OVER!! And I have to leave for Mexico around a few days and I'll he there for 2 weeks, I'll make sure to create more drafts on my trip. As always, I purple all you beautiful ARMY and have a safe and happy day 💜 🌸 🦋